Win the new 8Pack Polaris Mk2.5

Soldato
What do you mean?

Isn't it fairly obvious? These gambling schemes prey on those who can't afford decent kit without them. It's a lottery of sorts.

They are (for now) aligning to gambling laws by asking a really obvious question to go along with the ticket purchase, but that is more of a loop hole and could change in the future.

I don't really see this kind of thing as a net positive. One person may win the prize but 1200+ other people have just subsidised the winner.

Last edited:
Soldato
So giving someone a chance to win a pc like that for a few quid is preying on people? Wow!

Yes it is. Because the odds are that a person with average luck will not see any return on investment until they've put in enough money to have bought the product itself.

What is your interest in this, and why is this mechanic a beneficial one to people? If you buy a ticket at £7.99 you have a one in 1200 odd chance of winning the pc. It's not great odds is it?

I could buy 100 tickets for this and there would still be a high chance it would be money thrown away.

Soldato
I'm not, but I agree with the above poster when I said it's gambling at it's heart. You questioned me on this. I don't know why you would be for it so fervently, and with so few posts here I wondered if you were connected with this personally.

Associate
I just genuinely asked what the above poster meant. He didn't mention gambling?
And I just don't see the problem with it, it's a raffle, like any other, you buy a ticket and you have a chance of winning a prize. Everyone knows how a raffle works, if I see something that's not for me, I just ignore it and move on.

Soldato
No fair enough, he didn't, but it is gambling still regardless.

You don't see a problem with it, I do, so on that one I think we can agree to disagree.

You have so far dodged my question, are you affiliated with RaffledUp?

Associate
Sorry, wasn't dodging, just didn't see it as relevant.
I'm now a mod on the raffledup discord server. Before that bought tickets for various things, not that I couldn't afford to buy them, just for a bit of fun and I lucked out and won a monitor.

Soldato
No fair enough, he didn't, but it is gambling still regardless.

You don't see a problem with it, I do, so on that one I think we can agree to disagree.

You have so far dodged my question, are you affiliated with RaffledUp?

Sorry, wasn't dodging, just didn't see it as relevant.
I'm now a mod on the raffledup discord server. Before that bought tickets for various things, not that I couldn't afford to buy them, just for a bit of fun and I lucked out and won a monitor.

That'll be a yes then.

A raffle is still a form of gambling. Not sure I like OCUK getting involved and promoting gambling. I'd hope that they would have full transparancy and disclose every single deduction of cash from the total pot of cash they got from doing this, to show what the charity is getting from it.

Soldato
Isn't it fairly obvious? These gambling schemes prey on those who can't afford decent kit without them. It's a lottery of sorts.

They are (for now) aligning to gambling laws by asking a really obvious question to go along with the ticket purchase, but that is more of a loop hole and could change in the future.

I don't really see this kind of thing as a net positive. One person may win the prize but 1200+ other people have just subsidised the winner.

Or maybe you're just a miserable cheapskate that has nothing better to do than pick holes in things.

Some one pays £7.99 for a ticket to win a dream pc, who are you to come along a rain down on the parade you old goat!

Plus money is being donated to charity which is always nice :)

Soldato
Or maybe you're just a miserable cheapskate that has nothing better to do than pick holes in things.

Some one pays £7.99 for a ticket to win a dream pc, who are you to come along a rain down on the parade you old goat!

Plus money is being donated to charity which is always nice :)

If you can't put forward a sensible argument/discussion without resorting to throwing out insults then I have no interest in talking to you. Welcome to the ignore list :rolleyes:

Soldato
That'll be a yes then.

A raffle is still a form of gambling. Not sure I like OCUK getting involved and promoting gambling. I'd hope that they would have full transparancy and disclose every single deduction of cash from the total pot of cash they got from doing this, to show what the charity is getting from it.

This is basically my stance as well, especially around the controversy with things like lootboxes lately.

Soldato
https://www.raffledup.com/product/8pack-polaris-mk-2-5/

For postal entries, please see the rules below

Where?

EDIT: Found it:

https://www.raffledup.com/terms-conditions

For those who would like to enter the competition for free, you must send a handwritten entry on an unenclosed postcard via First Class post that is clear and easily readable stating which competition you are entering, the answer to the question specific to that particular competition along with your personal details as follows, Full Name, date of birth, Postal Address, email address, one contact number and agreement to T&C’s. Only one entry to each competition per post card is allowed.

All free entries must be received before the close of the competition , Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be void as per any Entry received.

Entrants must have an active account on our website at the time the free entries are processed, all the details on postcards must match those on the account to which they are to be added.

All entries must be sent to

Land Of Golf, Bury Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP21 4AJ.

Any entries received that we are unable to read will be excluded from the competition.

The promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered by an entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss as a result of use of the website.

Would love to see what happens to postal entries when they arrive with the postie at the driving range.

The Charity element is just there to "legitimise" it in peoples minds from an ethical standpoint.

What with "subscribing" to Twitch streamers and this, what a mess.

Cannot say I am a fan of such schemes.

Good luck to those entering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom