** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
Ive gone for an RMA - it was just too distracting in games, especially as it was most prevalent on bright screens - hopefully I wont have to wait too long for a replacement if I miss the next restocking this week...

Associate
So I gather this monitor would be good with a 3080 for 4k goodness, what about the incoming ps5 regarding hdr ?
Every time I try and search for a gaming monitor with very good hdr I always end up with the very costly predator for around £1700.

Associate
So I gather this monitor would be good with a 3080 for 4k goodness, what about the incoming ps5 regarding hdr ?
Every time I try and search for a gaming monitor with very good hdr I always end up with the very costly predator for around £1700.

I don't think current monitor panels (of all variations) have what it needs for the highest quality HDR.

Soldato

And even that Predator has its issues. No monitor does HDR justice, not if you're comparing it to OLED anyway. Anything with HDR-1000 will get plenty bright and certainly offer more than the entry level HDR-400 standard (which barely even qualifies tbh), but it's the specular highlights and pure blacks of OLED that make it pop. No monitor can do that. Basically you just have to temper your expectations with HDR on ANY monitor, because it will never truly impress... unless you've been stuck on an ancient model for the past decade and have never seen an OLED TV do its thing.

Associate
And even that Predator has its issues. No monitor does HDR justice, not if you're comparing it to OLED anyway. Anything with HDR-1000 will get plenty bright and certainly offer more than the entry level HDR-400 standard (which barely even qualifies tbh), but it's the specular highlights and pure blacks of OLED that make it pop. No monitor can do that. Basically you just have to temper your expectations with HDR on ANY monitor, because it will never truly impress... unless you've been stuck on an ancient model for the past decade and have never seen an OLED TV do its thing.

I haven’t seen a oled in the “flesh” before, but I am abit put off as I play a lot of games with static banners.

Associate
Any word on expected delivery times, going from a pg27uq to this. My Asus monitor bricked after having three RMA's for various other issues. Luckily Asus has fully refunded me and I'm not spending that kind of money again for such a poor experience . Preordered one of these and saved my 1500 quid. Hdr1000 is great, but surely this can't be much worse when you look at the specs. Less than half the price of the pg27uq is a big plus

Associate
Any word on expected delivery times, going from a pg27uq to this. My Asus monitor bricked after having three RMA's for various other issues. Luckily Asus has fully refunded me and I'm not spending that kind of money again for such a poor experience . Preordered one of these and saved my 1500 quid. Hdr1000 is great, but surely this can't be much worse when you look at the specs. Less than half the price of the pg27uq is a big plus

If memory serves, the last batch was received by OCuk on the Thursday and some customers had them by the Saturday.

Soldato
If memory serves, the last batch was received by OCuk on the Thursday and some customers had them by the Saturday.

Yeah they came into stock on the 1st October and were picked up by DPD on Friday the 2nd. Most UK residents got theirs on the following day Saturday. I got mine on Tuesday the 6th as I'm in Jersey.

Associate

Its a great screen for a PC, but don't get it for a ps5. It doesn't have HDMI 2.1 so no 120Hz :( May as well get a cheaper 60hz one for that or wait for HDMI 2.1 in monitors.

Also am hoping to receive this monitor in the next week hopefully, says in stock today.

Associate
Its a great screen for a PC, but don't get it for a ps5. It doesn't have HDMI 2.1 so no 120Hz :( May as well get a cheaper 60hz one for that or wait for HDMI 2.1 in monitors.

Also am hoping to receive this monitor in the next week hopefully, says in stock today.
Cheers bud,
My problem is I am looking for a monitor that can do both,
But as stated no hdmi 2.1 on monitors yet and a 48 inch oled is way to big for my desk.
So if I already have a dell 1440p/144hz gsync monitor already not much point of getting this and then needing another monitor for ps5.

Associate
Yes im pretty sure there will be more options for that next year after the console has already launched. Ive had a headache trying to choose one and wondering why monitors don't have OLED or HDMI 2.1 like Tv's already have but oh well, least im only using my pc.

Associate
Cheers bud,
My problem is I am looking for a monitor that can do both,
But as stated no hdmi 2.1 on monitors yet and a 48 inch oled is way to big for my desk.
So if I already have a dell 1440p/144hz gsync monitor already not much point of getting this and then needing another monitor for ps5.

Here’s the thing, HDMI 2.0 will be enough to play 1440p@120hz, which is the best either of the consoles will be able to push. AAA titles are still having to confirm they will be running 4K60.

If you have a decent 4K60 TV or 1440p 144hz monitor don't need to buy anything else, ignore the BS marketing.

You can play your cinematic open world games on your large TV in 4K60 HDR and your multiplayers in 1440p@120hz on the monitor you already have.

Monitors are behind TVs when it comes to the introduction of 2.1 because they haven't needed it. Display Port 1.3 & 1.4 already support the 4K120 and beyond.

Associate
Well I believe (dont quote me) that the new consoles can do 4k 120fps on some of the games they are making compatable from previous generations, maybe even some of the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom