HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Soldato
Saying all this - has anyone heard any news form Systemactive yet? With my chats with them a few weeks ago, the shipment should have left the factories by now. On their website, they are still saying that first week of November for deliveries. However, the guy I chat to at Systemactive has been very helpful and always tries to update me as to progress - but he has been oddly quiet since the shipping date has been and gone....

Their last email said they'de next be in contact once they have shipping dates, so hopefully in the next week or so we'll know a bit more.

Soldato
@John Harris HP said starting shipping to retailers in the second half of October (some people seem to have read this as mid October but that isn’t actually what they said) and they expect delivery to customers in early November.

So no shipping date given by HP has actually been and gone, the fact HP haven’t updated since then most likely means there is no change to communicate.

If you were an earlier pre-order you should still expect to see your headset in early November as far as we know. Orders after 24th Sept were supposedly earmarked for December delivery, so one could infer that preorders for up till that point will continuously roll out until all are fulfilled by the end of the month.

I do find it slightly bizarre that even this close they can’t just give a “release date”, but I suppose this is a strange time we are living in! They seem to have taken the route of a soft launch where they’ll just get them out as soon as possible and allow the retailers to ship as soon as they have them rather than wait for an arbitrary date.

But yeah, as far as we know still expect early November. Not long now (we hope!).

Last edited:
Associate
It must be difficult for manufacturers to see similar products get released weeks/months before theirs (Quest 2). I bet they've been watching the user adoption extremely closely and perhaps even considered changing a few things, or maybe even trying to implement some last-minute additions to their design before it ships (*fingers crossed* Wifi). I'm probably naive in that respect... I'm sure the final design ship sailed months ago and nothing can change now.

Soldato
No way, specs would all have been locked down before the Quest 2 launch...

Since the cable is detachable, you could perhaps see a plug in wireless accessory (such as for the vive) in the future but no way it’ll have been built into the headset between when the Quest 2 launched and now, that simply isn’t feasible... it would require a ground up redesign of the entire thing!

Associate
@John Harris HP said starting shipping to retailers in the second half of October (some people seem to have read this as mid October but that isn’t actually what they said) and they expect delivery to customers in early November.

So no shipping date given by HP has actually been and gone, the fact HP haven’t updated since then most likely means there is no change to communicate..

A quote from the supplier to me on the 16th of October:
Most recent update is the first batch will be leaving factory today and will take a couple of weeks to arrive in the UK

That was referring to an update form HP - so yes, shipping date that was communicated to Systemactive has been and gone.

Soldato
A quote from the supplier to me on the 16th of October:

That was referring to an update form HP - so yes, shipping date that was communicated to Systemactive has been and gone.

How so? If he said they were leaving the factory on the 16th October and would take “a couple of weeks to arrive in the UK” that would take them to the 30th October before we’d expect to see an update on them arriving in the UK no?

Associate
How so? If he said they were leaving the factory on the 16th October and would take “a couple of weeks to arrive in the UK” that would take them to the 30th October before we’d expect to see an update on them arriving in the UK no?

Not sure of your point - I was referring to the shipping date from China ("the factory"). They would arrive in the UK at the end of October, and shipped on the first week of November - as planned. My point was that my contact was giving me blow by blow accounts of the process (to stop me annoying him I imagine), I asked him if he could confirm that they did in fact leave the factory on time, but since that email - there has been radio silence. He was also going to get back to me regarding the size of the first batch - as I'm concerned that a lot of the first run will go to North America to fulfil their pre-orders.

Soldato
I see, well I guess you also have no confirmation they didn’t ship that day as planned right? So we can’t really say they missed the ship date they told system active at this point. So as before we wait and see....

Ultimately if the headsets start arriving with us in early November then they’ve hit the date range they communicated. Until nothing materialises in the first week or two of November I don’t think we can say they’ve missed anything, that was my only point.

Associate
If they’re coming from China, two weeks is a little ambitious, unless they’re coming air freight.
I agree - which makes me worry about the size of the 1st batch if it is by air.

Also - it doesn't take two weeks for air freight to get here.... Unless it's going to a European distributer first, and then onto the UK.

My contact has gone quiet - which worries me a bit.

Associate
Wasn`t there supposed to be a rail link to connect to China a year or two ago making air and sea not the only routes? In any case can`t beleive that ordering release day 3080 I`m expecting this G2 to turn up first and sit there to god knows how long till when I can pair it with the 3080.

Associate
Wasn`t there supposed to be a rail link to connect to China a year or two ago making air and sea not the only routes? In any case can`t beleive that ordering release day 3080 I`m expecting this G2 to turn up first and sit there to god knows how long till when I can pair it with the 3080.
Yeah, there is. Estimate rail time is 2-3 weeks (China to UK) door to door with almost daily departures. Having said that, they are probably just shipping it by boat like everything else. I am expecting 3rd to 4th week in Nov.

Associate
Just a quick note to say little has changed since the HP Press release of September 24. The press release said early November and we hoped to deliver first pre-order customers first week of November. This is now going to be the second week of November. This is the same throughout the world. We are fully geared up to get them out the moment we receive them. Once we know they are on their way to us we can firm exact dates up and let you know. Second release is still on course for early December.

You will probably have seen this - another week delay. I'm guessing it didn't ship on time.

Associate
You will probably have seen this - another week delay. I'm guessing it didn't ship on time.
Yeah, just got the email.

We know we should get it mid/late-November, and definitely before the mid-December 2nd wave.
Not complaining here. I like their communication. Which is in stark contrast to the cluster that is the 3080 launch.
I don't mind something being delayed, even by months, if I am informed about it and a reasonable ETA is given. I even like that a HP engineer did a Reddit AMA saying why they delayed it.

Associate
Hi. New User. just thought I`d come here and join the worry. lol.

Got the email too today.

I get a little worried when it feels like they saying, "Just a little delay, just a little delay. No not now, delayed just a little longer..."

I`m worried they`re gonna delay even longer, but this time the excuse will be "Covid", especially with these crazy Lockdowns ramping up in Britain.

Could be waiting for this G2 a long time...

Back
Top Bottom