£68 for Polystyrene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey,

Just looking for some advice.

I've been using Overclockers for as long as I have been PC gaming, since they were a much smaller company in a tiny warehouse in Fenton, Stoke.

However, I have become deeply saddened and upset about a recent experience.

I bought the AOC CQ32G1 online and collected it from their store, however, I made the mistake of breaking down the polystyrene and binning it, I kept the box and everything is in perfect condition.

After using the monitor for an hour, the ghosting was terrible and no amount of setting changes would fix this so I decided to return the monitor in the hopes of buying a new one which doesn't have bad ghosting.

Overclockers feel they are within their right to charge me £68 (20% the value of the monitor (£340)) because I don't have the packaging and they can't resell it, however, Citizens Advice said that their terms and conditions on returns do not represent this charge and that it is deemed unfair. I understand OCUK may be upset they can't sell it in Covid times (paraphrasing their manager), however, Citizens Advice feel they are not abiding by the Consumer Contract Regulation and that I am well within my right for a full refund. They asked me if they could forward it to Trading Standards.

This is still ongoing, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with OCUK or any other companies and what was the result?

Also, even though I'm upset about this issue I am not bashing on Overclockers. I chose their higher price compared to Amazon because I thought I was doing a good thing supporting a local business in my home town, however, it has bitten me on the arse.

I know it doesn't make a difference to my case but I have spent thousands with OCUK and get almost all my PC components and gear from them. This is the only poor experience I have had in all those years. :(

Thanks.

Soldato
As above. Raise this in the channels with OcUK and the appropriate people will be in touch. Whilst it does seem excessive, they're now stuck with something that they can't really do anything with as you've destroyed the packaging. I guess you could say that it's a lesson learned for this, unfortunately. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom