***The Official Guitar Thread***

Caporegime

yeah, it’s a novelty for sure. But due to the design, choice of the enclosure, it’s not durable really for your foot. It’s going to get squashed eventually but they do look fun, if a little expensive.

I got one of these a few years ago by a guy on a forum who makes them for fun, also a delay (Some Boss delay underneath), but metal enclosure. Mine has an Expression jack on the side.

hkeqH08.jpg

DvlSucP.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Fancied trying a SG as a lighter weight humbucking guitar so snagged this Vintage VS6 for £130. Seems decent enough for the money. At the very least it will see me through my AC/DC phase..

uqqXHHoCVQN--BrFC5zBGwyoYjCe2yN_zoQBLuYuZJwBLoVEkOmvmmNle1BvdhrL8qjIW3JFLFJaR_oGeghp9sVCx7xh8wYquAYjPjJJJA0aTihQeVWKyvEjelCQtYSr_oGo6n7jrwaPs5VdsmhxrQbKexDymcRKn8oNTZtvn7cUMEZeXOA4cy18qOPBEo804XC29Vht8IvoHF2ShmoCj8lVbbPEBmPgGGORzcpJGBADWBCuqExfs7K5y7MngrGlb1r_9I8OzqhcHWEd_PA7KZTjkqVeSFTjRYjMcgSUzjrq4kEV1NQsUa-jfAgaXN8DR6R6usqVSoePVpZbHPPbhhzhGJOCleeORqH-ZMrNAQ1heeLHFYAsXO_ky8G92V-SsxhsUnxF1kUmX3TceZv8wNlwyX33gMrXmAW6jqzXB790g8Ix-c2S3i46pq0-JYuvo8v4dxBDz2He1pAjU5su9wu6UsqVIScILG6AbQem9ZueswKoFwtnxGt5-3cROKUQRXaenNwSHE5PJm-CLKY-0q7gFTAnwLHG34fLMO5_izK-uDjbXtf1gJhVjy3IsP11F3XmdKSRS6ZTcPy4GPIOb3cPrpK5QCgH0-XwgE2W62IK0IDifrf76Lj3A-ddaR9oiwSlZKWmOh6HNNY_3RigqxtsmDzpZa3qHw3zVWtrnzB8CTRK577tVkdILfgnp0E=w800-no-tmp.jpg

Soldato
DUBbfRb.jpg

Snagged the matching cab for my Laney L5 Studio, the LT112, second hand £180 boxed in mint condition, not a mark on it. Really happy! These are £300 new and when they come back in stock quickly go out again, for months on end!

I've had my Lane L5 Studio for about 9 months now, absolutely love it, class A valve amp that is very easy to get the valve driven sound when set to the 0.5W mode. Effects loop, takes pedals extremely well and in general is an extremely versatile amp. Also has an inbuilt DAC for recording (I still haven't gotten around to playing with this yet)

The last 9 months I've been using a budget 10" open back speaker cab with the Laney L5 head, 'Sub Zero' brand cab. Sounded decent enough at the time, but this is a big upgrade, low end of course is much improved and as the 12" Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary driver is less efficient, I can really crank it on 0.5W and not cause too much issue with noise for others in the house! At 5W mode, it's loud! Great pairing that looks good IMO. It's been a good day!

Last edited:
Soldato
Snagged the matching cab for my Laney L5 Studio, the LT112, second hand £180 boxed in mint condition, not a mark on it. Really happy! These are £300 new and when they come back in stock quickly go out again, for months on end!

I've had my Lane L5 Studio for about 9 months now, absolutely love it, class A valve amp that is very easy to get the valve driven sound when set to the 0.5W mode. Effects loop, takes pedals extremely well and in general is an extremely versatile amp. Also has an inbuilt DAC for recording (I still haven't gotten around to playing with this yet)

The last 9 months I've been using a budget 10" open back speaker cab with the Laney L5 head, 'Sub Zero' brand cab. Sounded decent enough at the time, but this is a big upgrade, low end of course is much improved and as the 12" Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary driver is less efficient, I can really crank it on 0.5W and not cause too much issue with noise for others in the house! At 5W mode, it's loud! Great pairing that looks good IMO. It's been a good day!

Nice :) I have the L20H and matching Cab, unbelievably scored both of them for £400 quite a few years ago now. Really like it although unlike the 5 it doesn't have a switchable wattage or DAC which is a shame as that would be super handy. So I've paired it with an attentuator that has a DI output - it's only a cheapo Harley Benton one but it works pretty well

Soldato
So I was talking to my other half about guitar purchases over the weekend having decided I needed to scratch the Les Paul itch I’ve had as long as I can remember and having accepted it would be an Epiphone or similar. When she said you should just by the real thing, that way you won’t get the itch to upgrade and the guitar might even go up in value. So after I picked my jaw off the floor I need to re-evaluate my options! I’m looking second hand and probably up to £1500/£1600 so what should I be looking at from the Gibson range? Is that enough money to get me something nice or do I need to up the budget £100/£200?

Man of Honour
So I was talking to my other half about guitar purchases over the weekend having decided I needed to scratch the Les Paul itch I’ve had as long as I can remember and having accepted it would be an Epiphone or similar. When she said you should just by the real thing, that way you won’t get the itch to upgrade and the guitar might even go up in value. So after I picked my jaw off the floor I need to re-evaluate my options! I’m looking second hand and probably up to £1500/£1600 so what should I be looking at from the Gibson range? Is that enough money to get me something nice or do I need to up the budget £100/£200?

To scratch the Les Paul itch you need a Standard and you should get a really good one for under a Grand second hand.
You will admire it forever.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think I may have discovered why I bought a guitar in 1980. Abba, 1979...
aN3yZSn.jpg

This brings up an interesting stereotypical question which a lot of famous musicians have answered - how many of you here took up an instrument to hopefully get laid?

I know at age 12 I didn't, I was bought up in a house full of musicians but didn't show an interest until I saw Marc Bolan at age 12.

Soldato
Nice :) I have the L20H and matching Cab, unbelievably scored both of them for £400 quite a few years ago now. Really like it although unlike the 5 it doesn't have a switchable wattage or DAC which is a shame as that would be super handy. So I've paired it with an attentuator that has a DI output - it's only a cheapo Harley Benton one but it works pretty well

That was a very good deal.Laney really do make some fantastic amps. Shame they aren't made in the UK any more, but still.

I bet that 20 watt head sings! Guessing the attentuator comes in handy to keep the neighbours off your back :D

Niiiice! The green light! Echo what SexyGreyFox says about the Standard. Should be able to find a decent one for the kind of money you are looking at. What colour are you most drawn to?

Soldato
That was a very good deal.Laney really do make some fantastic amps. Shame they aren't made in the UK any more, but still.

I bet that 20 watt head sings! Guessing the attentuator comes in handy to keep the neighbours off your back :D

Niiiice! The green light! Echo what SexyGreyFox says about the Standard. Should be able to find a decent one for the kind of money you are looking at. What colour are you most drawn to?
I’m always drawn to tobacco/brown bursts!

Back
Top Bottom