Sorry, another watercooling question

Associate
I have the Lian Li 011 Dynamic case

CPU cooled by AIO, rad in the top exhausting out

Gooing to build a loop for RTX 3090

I have two choiced for rad placement, on the bottom or on the side. Which would be best

Whatever I go for how should I fit the fans, exhausting or drawing cold air in and what about the other 3 fans not attached to a rad exhaust or blow in

Getting a tad confused

Associate
Are you going to keep the AIO? Personally I would start by building a custom loop with a radiator in the roof, cooling just the CPU and build out from there.

Depending upon how you mount the GPU, you might find that you hit clearance issues for a radiator & fans in the bottom, or your reservoir. You might like to take a photo of your install and plan it all out in Paint first.

I've got just the one radiator in the roof cooling a Ryzen 3900X and a FTW3 1080Ti - probably going to add a second radiator in the side next and then some extra fans in the bottom. I am limited by the large reservoir which I bought thinking it would make filling the system easier - it does, but restricts space! I would want more than one radiator if I was adding a 3090 to the loop though.

Associate
I intend to keep the aio

gpu will be mounted normally, horrizontal

Does your waterblock fit with the side panel closed? Just asking out of curiosity, mine wouldn't! Assuming it does, I'd suggest putting the radiator in the bottom - it's just easier and you'll have a better choice of radiators to choose from as the side is restricted in terms of what radiator/fans you can fit in.

I am sure you'll get some other opinions in due course. If it were me, I would change the AIO personally, but appeciate you wanting to keep it.

Associate
OP
I hope so, i am getting the Alphacool and according to the website it will fit. I have the Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity.

the aio is only a month old and selling it will not get me much money ie certainly not enough for a cpu block and i like the idea of two systems.

so f you put the rad at the botton would you feed air in or exhaust out

Soldato
@Petrolhead Hiya pal, I honestly think if you're going to the expense of doing a custom loop for the 3090 you really should include your CPU in that loop it will perform miles better than any AIO for not much more money, relatively speaking. It will also look a damn sight nicer!

I've got the 011D XL and I've found that the best set up for me is to have intake in the bottom and exhausting out the top, I haven't got a rear exhaust or side intake fans and find it cools scarily well.

Associate
OP
@Petrolhead Hiya pal, I honestly think if you're going to the expense of doing a custom loop for the 3090 you really should include your CPU in that loop it will perform miles better than any AIO for not much more money, relatively speaking. It will also look a damn sight nicer!

I've got the 011D XL and I've found that the best set up for me is to have intake in the bottom and exhausting out the top, I haven't got a rear exhaust or side intake fans and find it cools scarily well.
Cheers, well i now have the waterblock and placed the order for the parts i need. IF i find its not ok at least i can then buy a CPU block and another rad :)

Back
Top Bottom