Laurence Fox

Soldato
what nasty rhetoric?

It's worth pointing out here that Fox never said anything bad about black history month.

clearly not understanding why Fox wanted to boycott them. Hint: it wasn't racist.
Well he went a bit funny over their black history month statement.

Lets look at what Sainsburys statement was about.

From my view it was about their staff getting racialy abused by customers. Now Im fairly sure we can all agree that that must happen. The general public are a fairly horrid bunch at times.

So what they said is they would rather racist dont bother to shop there. Fair statement. Even without the racial bit, no one let alone their staff should have to face abuse from the general public.

So as fair as Im aware its racists that Fox thinks Sainsburys is segragating right?

Now Call me crazy but I dont think anyone should have to face racial abuse.So he called for a boycott in sympathy for racists. Have I got that right?
I mean, do i have to say anything further? Do I need to write some kind of summary or does that sum it up all by itself?
Do I think Fox is racist? Probably not but if he isnt I dont think he realises what fire he is stoking. Just like the fire that people say BLM are stoking. Im not much of a fan of violent protest nowadays but I do remember what it felt like to be that angry at the government and society.

Tony, you are a part of the problem. You are a racist. NVP was mostly right about what he said but he was wrong about one thing; He said you cause as much harm as those you accuse. He's wrong. You're far worse.
Look Im not against white people Im against racists and their rhetoric.

You lot can try and bully me or call me racist or what ever as much as you want but Im a big boy I can take it.

Man of Honour
So as fair as Im aware its racists that Fox thinks Sainsburys is segragating right?
Wrong. In fact it is the complete opposite. Laurence Fox boycotted them because he believes Sainsbury's themselves are promoting racism and segregation by their public support of the political BLM movement.

“Dear @SAINSBURYS. I won’t be shopping in your supermarket ever again whilst you promote racial segregation and discrimination,

Soldato
I suspect that you are not aware that hatred of and attacks on people who looked as if they might have come from Pakistan used to be a bit of a thing in the UK amongst uneducated thugs until it was recognised as disgraceful behaviour, was frowned upon by a majority and disappeared.

Hopefully discrimination against "People of Colour" will in due course be recognised as unacceptable and those who tolerate it will evolve.

This posts pretty much sums up what's wrong with your world outlook, the same problem as with BLM extremists - you live in the past

If you want to speak about why the P-word is pretty much dead and the N-word is still alive and used then that's a different debate

Soldato
Wrong. In fact it is the complete opposite. Laurence Fox boycotted them because he believes Sainsbury's themselves are promoting racism and segregation by their public support of the political BLM movement.
Public support for BLM where did that happen?

Are you saying supporting Black history month is racist?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/laur...ys-over-black-history-month-support-13368682/
Laurence Fox has announced he will be boycotting Sainsbury’s after they tweeted their support for Black History Month.

The supermarket chain declared their allyship with the black community as this year’s Black History Month began on October 1, stating they will ‘not tolerate racism’.

Former Lewis actor Laurence, who has previously spoken out against Black Lives Matter, has now accused Sainsbury’s of ‘segregation’ towards other races.

He tweeted on Sunday: ‘Dear @SAINSBURYS I won’t be shopping in your supermarket ever again whilst you promote racial segregation and discrimination.

‘I sincerely hope others join me. RT #BoycottSainsburys.’

Sainsbury’s has not yet responded to Laurence’s comments but previously made it clear that they were happy for those who do not support their stance on Black History Month to shop elsewhere.

They earlier tweeted: ‘We are proud to celebrate Black History Month together with our Black colleagues, customers and communities and we will not tolerate racism.

NVP

NVP

Soldato

Now Call me crazy but I dont think anyone should have to face racial abuse.So he called for a boycott in sympathy for racists. Have I got that right?
You absolute weapon

Soldato
You absolute weapon
Explalin what you think happened then. Fox called for a boycott because?https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/laurence-fox-blasted-over-sainsburys-19047461
Laurence Fox has been condemned for announcing a boycott of Sainsbury's after the supermarket announced its support of Black History Month.

The controversial actor - who has established his own political party, dubbed "UKIP for culture" - made the announcement on social media.

Laurence wrote: "Dear @SAINSBURYS I won’t be shopping in your supermarket ever again whilst you promote racial segregation and discrimination. I sincerely hope others join me."

He continued: "RT #BoycottSainsburys."

His comment has attracted a furious backlash, after Sainsbury's shoppers lined up to praise the retailer's initial statement.

It says: "At Sainsbury's we want to celebrate black heritage with our colleagues and customers. We recognise and embrace the contributions black people have made in the UK, both past and present, and acknowledge the black history is UK history."

On Twitter, Sainsbury's told followers: "We are proud to celebrate Black History Month together with our Black colleagues, customers and communities and we will not tolerate racism.

"We proudly represent and serve our diverse society and anyone who does not want to shop with an inclusive retailer is welcome to shop elsewhere.

After being questioned by a follower, Fox added: "It’s my nearest supermarket. So yes. I am not cancelling them. They just won’t be getting my custom until they address their regressive and segregationist policies. They also hint at an ethnic pay gap in their literature. What do you think about that?"

One Twitter user replied: "I agree with loads of what you say, so this is not a criticism, but I can't understand why this is promoting racial segregation. Are companies not allowed to celebrate sections of their workforce? I may be missing something here.. someone enlighten me!"

"They aren't promoting racial segregation though, they are telling the racists to not bother shopping there if it's a problem. But you're just attention seeking and know that already," a second added.

"Wait did you just cancel Sainsbury's?" a third asked.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If you want to speak about why the P-word is pretty much dead and the N-word is still alive and used then that's a different debate
It's alive and kicking my man, unfortunately. Not just here, I got it in Poland a few years back too.

Explalin what you think happened then. Fox called for a boycott because?
What I think happened? It's all written down, there in black and white. There were not many words to get yourself so confused.

No I can see what he says I just dont get how he got there.
4mob67J.jpg

Man of Honour
I’m with Tony on this specific matter. Laurence himself seems to link in his tweet to this webpage:

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp.../groceries/new---trending/black-history-month

From that webpage, is it really fair to say on this webpage that Sainsbury’s are promoting racism and segregation? Really?

I would agree that all of the social justice stuff is becoming incredibly tiring due to being utterly inescapable / over exposure, but it seems that everyone that has a good point to make on this topic just has to jump to absolutes and ends up herp derping.

Soldato
I’m with Tony on this specific matter. Laurence himself seems to link in his tweet to this webpage:

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month?storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=OLAd+IuUyN0HSm7V4fdCv9wR69SV+caQHVCjkc+QjgmpD0PEPCo08TKTw26ElP/WbY7O0+xhaYZ3H2YOx/JdReqH9qPVdvog4TE0d9b7fq69Zn7Hw/BP3NRWYskjZCbIxZoFdN4RWidII6/SK65QQDDXxN7wxsotaeA6qzNGe3I=&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month

From that webpage, is it really fair to say on this webpage that Sainsbury’s are promoting racism and segregation? Really?

I would agree that all of the social justice stuff is becoming incredibly tiring due to being utterly inescapable / over exposure, but it seems that everyone that has a good point to make on this topic just has to jump to absolutes and ends up herp derping.
Thank you. At times I feel like Im going mad.

NVP

NVP

Soldato

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month?storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=OLAd+IuUyN0HSm7V4fdCv9wR69SV+caQHVCjkc+QjgmpD0PEPCo08TKTw26ElP/WbY7O0+xhaYZ3H2YOx/JdReqH9qPVdvog4TE0d9b7fq69Zn7Hw/BP3NRWYskjZCbIxZoFdN4RWidII6/SK65QQDDXxN7wxsotaeA6qzNGe3I=&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/new---trending/black-history-month

That is because they changed their link after the controversy. Please see my screenshot and then notice the difference now stating "online support group" in the link.

Caporegime
With Nitefly and Tony on this as well, and to note there is some pretty borderline personal attacks going on against Tony specifically. Just because a Don is posting in this thread apparently supportive of Fox's actions and beliefs - and they extend to other questionable views he's expressed in other threads - shouldn't be a flag to be open season on Tony from other forum members.

e: and I add that point not because Tony needs defending but because it's startling to me that it's viewed as ok.

Man of Honour
Public support for BLM where did that happen?

Are you saying supporting Black history month is racist?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/laur...ys-over-black-history-month-support-13368682/
Sorry I misread the article as BLM rather than Black History month. But regardless of the trigger for it, the direct quote from him states it is because he believes sainsbury's to be racially segregating people. That much is very clear. He is not boycotting them because they are preventing racists shopping there. Now, a debate can be had over whether celebrating Black History month is actually promoting segregation. But the point is that Fox feels it is, and that's why he boycotted them... not because they don't want racists shopping there.

Soldato
I think people are just asking for Tony to be fair and provide evidence of any racist accusations. There's nothing wrong with that. Many of the headlines have treated Fox very unfairly and it seems to have been painted as simply as him not supporting black history month. This is false.

Fox's comments that it was "promoting segregation" always seemed at bit much, especially when no-one seems to know the details of exactly what Sainsbury's were doing. Did anyone ask them to clarify it? I'm not sure its fair to weigh in on this when none of us really know the details.

Soldato
With Nitefly and Tony on this as well, and to note there is some pretty borderline personal attacks going on against Tony specifically. Just because a Don is posting in this thread apparently supportive of Fox's actions and beliefs - and they extend to other questionable views he's expressed in other threads - shouldn't be a flag to be open season on Tony from other forum members.

e: and I add that point not because Tony needs defending but because it's startling to me that it's viewed as ok.
Love your work. :)

Soldato
Tony Edwards said:
You lot can try and bully me or call me racist or what ever as much as you want but Im a big boy I can take it.

I'm not bullying you Tony, get a grip. I'm calling a spade a spade.

Open your eyes, wasn't us making unfounded accusations.

Back
Top Bottom