• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Commissario
Hmmm still not shipped and Stalin says delivers 23rd

will this happen
If it says delivers 23rd do they mean I will get it Friday for sure?

It normally does, yes. If they say the 23rd then it's 99.9% certain you'll get it on the 23rd.
Nobody here can guarantee you'll get it. However, I stand by what I said, if they say you're going to get it on the 23rd then it's 99.9% certain you'll get it on the 23rd. There's no need to keep asking us if you're going to get it or not.

Caporegime
I’m wondering, after watching a few reviews, if the 12 was a better buy than pro.

replacing my 3yr old X but seems there’s not a huge benefit this time

Associate
I’m wondering, after watching a few reviews, if the 12 was a better buy than pro.

replacing my 3yr old X but seems there’s not a huge benefit this time

The X is still a superb phone (Camera a bit crap compared to the 11 & 12). OLED Screen is still top notch (No pun intended!), and as i dont game its still more than fast enough

I still have my launch day X and was thinking of the 12 / pro (My pixel 5 is going back to CPW today), but may just stick with x for yet another year.

Associate
The X is still a superb phone (Camera a bit crap compared to the 11 & 12). OLED Screen is still top notch (No pun intended!), and as i dont game its still more than fast enough

I still have my launch day X and was thinking of the 12 / pro (My pixel 5 is going back to CPW today), but may just stick with x for yet another year.

I'd say that I would personally lean towards holding off from upgrading from an X and wait at least another year, maybe even 2 years unless Apple considerably reduces the size of the notch etc as I think thats the next piece of 'design' to change the most and we'll probably see improved magsafe/charging also and the return of TouchID

Soldato
I'd say that I would personally lean towards holding off from upgrading from an X and wait at least another year, maybe even 2 years unless Apple considerably reduces the size of the notch etc as I think thats the next piece of 'design' to change the most and we'll probably see improved magsafe/charging also and the return of TouchID

The notch is never going to reduce in size significantly because they have to fit all the Face Id hardware in there.

Unlike the Android phones which just use a simple camera for face recognition and are thus easily fooled, Apple uses a much more complex system which requires more space.

The only way the notch would ever reduce or go is if some or all of these elements could be placed under the screen but frankly I can't see that happening any time soon.

Caporegime
My issue is my photos look rubbish versus my missus iPhone 11, plus my microphone plays up sometimes. Vodafone giving £15/m discount which works

Only just realised the UK iPhones wont have 5G mmwave too, but i guess the 'normal' 5G is fast enough and obviously has a bigger range.

Last edited:
Soldato
mmwave is pretty rubbish for phones, not only is the range terrible, you can literally block the signal with your own body if your looking away from the transmitter.

It’s really only suitable for fixed placement or long antennas which are not easily blocked like on top of a bus/car.

‘Sub 6’ is far more useful on mobile devices but the speed increases over 4g are modest and not really headline worthy, hence all the focus on mmWave.

Back
Top Bottom