NEW - Corsair 4000 Series Cases

Soldato
An RGB version of the airflow case and I would have been really tempted. As it is I will probably stick with the 500DX, a real toss up as they are both the same size and similarly specced.

4000x

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...k-tempered-glass-cc-9011204-ww-ca-25l-cs.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...e-tempered-glass-cc-9011205-ww-ca-25m-cs.html

They do list the panels for possible sale on Corsair site .. shouldn't take too long to be honest .

Reviews state there isn't actually that much difference between airflow and solid panel... Unlike Base 500 versions

Soldato
I also notice that they have have not taken into consideration that a lot of graphics cards (Especially with the 3080 release) use 2 x blanking mounts for the GPU but generally use 2.5 slot width. This causes the card to have very little room to pull in air as the fans will be less than 10mm from the glass when used in the vertical orientation.

Soldato
I also notice that they have have not taken into consideration that a lot of graphics cards (Especially with the 3080 release) use 2 x blanking mounts for the GPU but generally use 2.5 slot width. This causes the card to have very little room to pull in air as the fans will be less than 10mm from the glass when used in the vertical orientation.
My Evolv X case has three slots and my GPU still looks pretty close to the side glass

Soldato
I currently have an Antec P110 Luce that has 2 slot vertical GPU mount and my aging Gigabyte Vega 56 has a 2.25-2.5 slot cooler and only leaves about 5mm from the TG Panel.

Soldato
best way is to use vertical mount . Wouldn't use Cooler master one if you have tall ram but pulls iit nicely away from the glass with airflow too go around and carried away

Associate
Very tempted by the 4000x. Can you get hold of a single extra RGB fan to go on the back? If not, any recommendations?

It'll be for a Ryzen system, with CPU cooler by a Lian Li Galahad, with the fans for that on top.

Soldato
Very tempted by the 4000x. Can you get hold of a single extra RGB fan to go on the back? If not, any recommendations?

It'll be for a Ryzen system, with CPU cooler by a Lian Li Galahad, with the fans for that on top.

Closest is the SP RGB range

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...ressable-rgb-fan-co-9050095-ww-fg-07a-cs.html

But 140mm... The ones of 4000D have a special frame to guide airflow so guessing other fans they make will follow suit .

Even buying plain Airflow plus Corsair RGB pack works out more :/

Soldato
that looks nice... real nice. Nvidia card matches the Aorus board nicely.
room for Rad in the front with that 3090???

so clean

going to vert mount the GPU?

I think you would struggle to get a rad in at the front with this card. The Gamers Nexus review touched on that. On the other hand you could fit an AIO cooler in the roof, I think there is plenty of space.

Not going vertical, will leave as horizontal for now.

Associate
I'm considering getting the 4000D airflow (that's the non-RGB version) for my new build because I like the look of it a bit more than the other airflow competitors. Since it only comes with two 120mm fans would I need to get more fans to make it effective? I would be aircooling CPU and GPU and looking for a good compromise between noise and thermals i.e. silent-ish at idle, not too noisy when gaming.

Soldato
I'm considering getting the 4000D airflow (that's the non-RGB version) for my new build because I like the look of it a bit more than the other airflow competitors. Since it only comes with two 120mm fans would I need to get more fans to make it effective? I would be aircooling CPU and GPU and looking for a good compromise between noise and thermals i.e. silent-ish at idle, not too noisy when gaming.

3 of these in the front !

move the stock froont fan to the top for exhaust

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £22.51 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

Associate
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom