The last game you completed, and rating.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Borderlands 3 8.5/10

Had a ton of fun with this, just switch yer brain off and blow the crap out of everything, exactly what I like after a hard day's work.

A lot of the characters are kind of annoying and some of the humour is cringe but some of it I did find genuinely funny.

The story/plot was completely lost on me but it doesn't really matter as I think it's mostly nonsense and just an excuse to shoot stuff.

Really love the art style and graphics look fantastic with HDR.

Associate
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 6/10.

The game looks great but don't feel anything has been added into the gameplay mechanics. Bar the visuals, I did not feel any different than when I was playing Rise of the Tomb raider. After coming from AC Odyssey, this game felt really short (but its probably longer than the previous iterations).
Other than the outfits, does anyone know what the definitive edition adds ? Is it the ability to play challenge tombs and some extra tombs that are not in the base game ?

Associate
Resisdent Evil 3 - 7.5/10 , Was really good but nothing compared to Resident Evil 2. that was 9/10.

2 is very well planned and thought out. 3 is pretty much on rails, very little backtracking/figuring out what to do.

Associate
Resisdent Evil 3 - 7.5/10 , Was really good but nothing compared to Resident Evil 2. that was 9/10.

2 is very well planned and thought out. 3 is pretty much on rails, very little backtracking/figuring out what to do.

Yeah, i just finished it on the PS4. Graphics are amazing. Its a shame they cut quite a bit out, and there was hardly any puzzles. It was still good though. Id give it a solid 8/10. Was more action packed and i liked the fact there was a bit more ammo.

Associate
What Remains of Edith Finch - 8.5/10.

Beautiful narrative. Felt more like an interactive story than a game, with a serene soundtrack. Only took about 2-3 hours but thoroughly enjoyed it right from the start. Strongly recommend to anyone who has not experienced it yet.

Caporegime
Red Dead Redemption 2.

Took me roughly a year to complete. What. A. Ride. Easily the most incredible, immersive and complete gaming experience I've ever had. The level of detail in that game is just beyond comprehension. The graphics are just INSANE (especially with 1000nit hdr). At times I actually stopped and said out loud things like "that is just *****ing ridiculous" when seeing the level of detail and art in this game. I am actually sad that I've completed it but will definitely be going back just to enjoy the scenery and immersion. Wow.

11/10
I'm waiting for Big Navi before i play this game, but this is great to hear. :)

Soldato
Whilst I am struggling to get into anything at the moment, and haven't completed anything since, I did enjoy a couple of games in the last few months:

Remnant: From the Ashes
Picked this up for free on Epic, and played most of it co-op with one of my lads. Had a real blast with it. We enjoyed it so much we bought both DLCs and played those too. Decent atmosphere, and manages the whole "Dark Souls with guns" things quite well, with probably just the right variety of skills, armour, weapons and mods for its content. The semi-random world generation worked well, too, and had us replaying some zones to look for extra pick-ups.

Good, fast-paced combat that can be challenging but seldom feels unfair. A bit of a trudge through repetitive hordes in some of the later zones, though, and the first DLC was a bit underwhelming (though the second was pretty good). Still, gameplay is good enough single-player, but it became some of the most fun I've had in a game with a co-op partner (though I am probably biased as it's one of the few games both me and one of my kids has really enjoyed playing together). Hope there's a sequel. 8/10

The Council
This was a bit different. Conversation and choice based branching interactive story with RPG and puzzle elements. Quite a mish-mash, but it works for the most part. I did like the RPG bits and they tied into how you approach the story surprisingly well.

There is a bit of momentum creep, though, as it becomes obvious quite soon which are the best skills and following them in your build lets you snowball past any meaningful restrictions on your choices connected to your build by not long past halfway through. Earlier on, when you have to agonise over where to put points and start running out of effort points and consumables it felt a much more interesting and well-balanced experience. There was a point about a third of the way in I thought this was shaping up to be one of the best gaming experiences I'd had in a good while, but it didn't quite maintain it right through to the end.

The setting is good, the story intriguing and mysterious up about two-thirds of the way in, and the facial graphics and voice-acting give it a disctinct character. I didn't guess what was coming, and changed my mind about which way to follow the story a few times. The ending third of the game felt much less intersting, though, once enough of the situation had been revealed to you. Well worth checking out for something a bit different and slower-paced. 7/10

Associate
Firewatch - 8.5/10.

Quite enjoyed this one. Fairly short (6-8 hours) but very poignant story theme. Dialogue was interesting and really enjoyed the element of exploration, although its quite linear.

Back
Top Bottom