I Designed a Geekfest 1990s PC Gaming Mug

Soldato
OP
That's lovely but you're overkill on shooters. the 1990s was also the golden age of space combat sims like Wing Commander and Freespace.

Considered that, and considered Tie Fighter. But these games are the ones that trigger the strongest nostalgic emotional responce.

Yup, that’s it.

I supposed you could also have put Wolfenstein 3D on there too. Perhaps Descent, Lemmings, F19 Stealth Fighter, Gunship 2000 etc. Where does it stop :D

Rise of the Triad, Hexen, Heretic, ooh it’s all coming back now.

As above, I tried it with Wolf3D but while it looked great, As mentioned above, I was too heavy on ID shooters. So it had to go.

Blood.

GTA

Bloody hell ROTT was a weird game, the levels must've been made by someone on LSD.

GTA was a strong contender

C&C
Mega lo maniac
???

I have actually swapped SimCity2000 for C&C in the final mug. I already have a SimCity cushion from RedBubble.

Tie Fighter

See above.

Soldato
IKR. There is something of an anomoly in my life there. Despite my best efforts I never really played or enjoyed Quake 1 (And yes I know I am an outlier). I think I was just too busy playing Duke3D all of 1996 and went straight onto Quake 2. But I get that most people love it.

Nah Quake 2 was better. Q1 ok it was the original, darker more gothic. But Q2 had much improved graphics, better storyline, level design, bad guys and a better sense of immersion in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom