**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Are you at the right workbench? You need a weapon workbench to repair weapons, an armour workbench to repair unpowered armour and a power armour work"bench" to repair power armour.

I don't know what you mean by "use wrap to repair".

What I get is this:

At the right workbench, press space to enter the "Modify/Repair" menu.
Select item
Press T for "Inspect/Repair"
Press R for "workbench repair" (or T again for repair kit repair).

Wrap = scrap (typo)

Ok thank you. I figured it out. What I was missing was pressing the R bit.

Soldato
In my response on their official forums to someone else to the newest broken & poorly tested patch I got this LOL! :rolleyes:
" Greetings,

This account has been reported for a Terms of Service violation on the Bethesda.net Forums and is receiving an official warning - bashing:

You should also fire the entire team responsible for Daily Ops its shovelware pure & simple filler to avoid spending proper money on new locations & new content!!

Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct which must be acknowledged to participate in Bethesda.net service. Further violations of any part of our Terms of Service may result in a temporary suspension or even a permanent interruption of your account."

Soldato
I've suddenly had the urge to play fallout again. Has this game had any new content/improvements since release?

Don't think i've played it in 2 years, but from memory i think i'd completed all storylines/unlocked all areas at that point.

If there's not been any major content updates then i don't think i'll bother.

Soldato
I've suddenly had the urge to play fallout again. Has this game had any new content/improvements since release?

Don't think i've played it in 2 years, but from memory i think i'd completed all storylines/unlocked all areas at that point.

You won't have played this then?
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/wastelanders

Associate
Yes wastelanders added NPC's and along with them storylines. Various side missions like the ally missions and new events added since you last played. If you haven't played for 2 years there is enough to get your teeth into.

Soldato
Fallout 1st is free until 26th October as well.

Lots of players have given up because the last patch made everything a bullet sponge & nerfed certain weapons & perk card builds. Its a real mess just a different mess than it was 2 years ago but still going in the wrong direction !

Associate
Yeah they nerfed Nerd Rage but still doing good enough damage. Seems Anti-Armour weapons are the goto trait if you don't want to go Bloodied or Junkies.

Man of Honour
In my response on their official forums to someone else to the newest broken & poorly tested patch I got this LOL! :rolleyes:
" Greetings,

This account has been reported for a Terms of Service violation on the Bethesda.net Forums and is receiving an official warning - bashing:

You should also fire the entire team responsible for Daily Ops its shovelware pure & simple filler to avoid spending proper money on new locations & new content!!

Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct which must be acknowledged to participate in Bethesda.net service. Further violations of any part of our Terms of Service may result in a temporary suspension or even a permanent interruption of your account."

I recently got a warning lasting 28 years for being uncomplimentary towards Bethesda. Their forums mods are the most effective part of the company.

Man of Honour
Fallout 1st is free until 26th October as well.

Lots of players have given up because the last patch made everything a bullet sponge & nerfed certain weapons & perk card builds. Its a real mess just a different mess than it was 2 years ago but still going in the wrong direction !

It's going in a direction? That's news to me!

It's had improvements and it's had the opposite too. The last patch was particularly buggy in various ways. There have been major changes in how damage is calculated, which made things worse for all players but especially for bloodied builds and melee builds and anyone not using the new character-locked equipment you have to grind a lot for with the exception of what's now the easiest build to play that's still effective - PA heavy gunner.

There has been a lot of new content with Wastelanders, including half a dozen allies who you can recruit to live at your camp (but only 1 at a time). They all give daily quests and 2 of them (Sofia and Beckett) have quest lines. Beckett's quest line awards a named 50 calibre machinegun ("Final Word") which has the anti-armour and faster fire rate enchantments on it. That's very effective now, as a recent patch ("One Wasteland", more accurately called "One Spongeland") drastically increases the damage resistance of mobs to add far more bullet-sponginess. As long as you're at least L50 (so you'll get the max level version of Final Word) that's the easiest way to go.

Little bits of changes are also dribbled out in a way that makes sense - every now and again, a location will change as new people arrive and take it over. A farm here, a raider den there.

Soldato
If you are looking for a bullet sponge then look no further than the relatively new event A Colossal Problem where you need to take down a massive Wendigo called Earle with loads of normal sized Wendigos for added annoyance. We are talking thousands of rounds of ammo to bring it down, Enjoy. Oh and you have to drop a nuke first to initiate the event.

Soldato
It's on offer on steam about £13, I'm a massive fallout fan but..... I've heard how terrible this is, and I'm worried it'll ruin my love of the franchise.

Is it really as bad as people make out?

Soldato
I recently got a warning lasting 28 years for being uncomplimentary towards Bethesda. Their forums mods are the most effective part of the company.
At least something in that company actually works ;):p law of averages alone said something eventually must work right!

Soldato
It's on offer on steam about £13, I'm a massive fallout fan but..... I've heard how terrible this is, and I'm worried it'll ruin my love of the franchise.

Is it really as bad as people make out?
Its the best looking Fallout game ever made to date. Set in a massive you can go almost anywhere seamless streaming ingame location which at times is quite pretty good to look at due to how much money they threw at it ($100M apparently!). Set your expectations low but for £13 you will easily get your moneys worth at it takes a good 100 hours plus to explore & do all the missions & events.

Just be aware its at times a frustration simulator literally every little thing will annoy or frustrate you because of bad game design & terrible implementation of forcing a solo game into an MMO lite style game design!

Soldato
If you are looking for a bullet sponge then look no further than the relatively new event A Colossal Problem where you need to take down a massive Wendigo called Earle with loads of normal sized Wendigos for added annoyance. We are talking thousands of rounds of ammo to bring it down, Enjoy. Oh and you have to drop a nuke first to initiate the event.
That's easy with the right weapons its only a few mins long! (ignore the smaller wendigo spawns). Try the Daily Ops for bullet spongeness! You are forced to complete if you want to earn the maximum SCORE! every single enemy respawns after death until the event finishes but at least every kill gives you as much ammo as you used so you end up with 10000s of rounds after a few daily ops! (another in a long line of ill conceived events which is just left alone instead of being adjusted to sensible levels!).

From today around 5PM for the next 4 days the SCORE is doubled to help players complete the season 2 event.

Soldato
Might as well give it ago on PS4 while it's free.
It is worth it for the scrap box alone. Spend the month filling it with all manner of scrap, end your subscription and you get to keep the box until it is empty, you won't be able to add to it though.

Tent is useful also, I have mine down by the fissure which means I can fast travel on the notification of a nuke drop.

Soldato
That's easy with the right weapons its only a few mins long! (ignore the smaller wendigo spawns). Try the Daily Ops for bullet spongeness! You are forced to complete if you want to earn the maximum SCORE! every single enemy respawns after death until the event finishes but at least every kill gives you as much ammo as you used so you end up with 10000s of rounds after a few daily ops! (another in a long line of ill conceived events which is just left alone instead of being adjusted to sensible levels!).

From today around 5PM for the next 4 days the SCORE is doubled to help players complete the season 2 event.
I have never found the DO to be bullet sponges, I do find the resilient enemies a nuisance but apart from that I have always got an Elder rank and the so called c**p rare rewards that go with it.

Soldato
It is worth it for the scrap box alone. Spend the month filling it with all manner of scrap, end your subscription and you get to keep the box until it is empty, you won't be able to add to it though.

Tent is useful also, I have mine down by the fissure which means I can fast travel on the notification of a nuke drop.
Okay, none of that means anything to me. Will give it ago later.

Back
Top Bottom