Google Pixel 5

Associate
Only just got around to opening my Pixel 5, didn't really want to use it until I had a screen protector etc. Unfortunately mine has a fair size gap between the screen and the body on the left hand side by the front camera. The right hand side is absolutely perfect but the left side I could put my fingernail under and pull it forward.

Have contacted Google and they are arranging for a replacement so that's good. Just hope the replacement is ok :)

Seems to be quite a widespread issue.

Soldato
I think he's either referring to Pixel being the only choice or there not being an XL version this year.

not to those who want a pixel

Oh, like the 4a, 4a 5G or even 4 XL still? :) Always loads of choice. This particular one might not suit, you can't claim you had no option but to buy it... especially as this isn't 'flagship'. Last years 4 XL (in a size you want) is as much phone at a similar price, right?

Soldato
My headphones are preparing for dispatch. Sold the pair I actually had already for a good price so I'll keep these ones.

My Pixel doesn't appear to be having any screen issues which is nice so I've lucked out there it seems as it looks fairly widespread so far.

Continue to be impressed with the phone, not noticed any perceived drop in speed coming from a Pixel 4XL but the biggest change is charging overnight and that's it. The 4XL would tear through the battery in comparison but the 5 has absolutely nailed the battery life.

Associate
Anyone here had the issue with the gap between the screen and body?

Yes mine has. Spoke with Google support and they wanted pictures of the gap, once they saw these they offered me a replacement straight away, only logged the issue yesterday and the new one arrives today.

Fingers crossed this one is better.

Soldato
I can recommend the Brotect air glass screen protector. Precise width (which has led to me having half a mm uncovered on the right as it's the same amount over on the left) but very easy application and looks great. Fits fine with a Spigen case.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I seem to only get 5-6h SOT, anyone else getting similiar SOT? It seems extremely low compared to the 8-9h SOT you guys are reporting.

Soldato
I seem to only get 5-6h SOT, anyone else getting similiar SOT? It seems extremely low compared to the 8-9h SOT you guys are reporting.

If you're out and about all day on 4/5G and with your phone bouncing between masts, the battery life will be less than someone sitting at home or in the office on wifi.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If you're out and about all day on 4/5G and with your phone bouncing between masts, the battery life will be less than someone sitting at home or in the office on wifi.
My P30 Pro held the battery better with similiar usage. :confused:

90hz screen and 5G would have such a big impact on the battery usage? Might have to change it to 4G, I barely get 5G signal here anyways.

Back
Top Bottom