• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 prices creeping up daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What is going on with the preorder pricing of the 3070's?

I check them regularly, and they just keep on going up and up and up..?

Yea we know supply/demand is completely screwed up atm, but still.. they are nearly £100 above RRP now!

£500+ for a "mid range" card is completely bonkers.

It seems no matter how high Nvidia price these things, they sell out on launch every single time, so they just whack the prices up again for the next gen.

I paid £400 for my 1070 on launch, now you're telling me I've gotta drop £500+ to get a 3070..? Never seen a price rise that bad for the "same tier" of card in ANY previous xx70 generation.

I was originally excited for the 3000 series release like everyone else, but the prices have gone completely mad. Surely the bubble has got to burst at some point.. right..? At what point will these things no longer sell?!?!

I would love to get a card that can actually handle 4k/60fps but when it's significantly cheaper to get a complete next-gen console than a single graphics card, that's messed up imo..

Long gone are the days of getting a decent mid-range card for £200 :-\

Associate
how are they going up in price when they arent out ?

a shame because a friend of mine got excited about them being in the 300 range and now it looks like they are going to be the usual mental price !

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Saw some of the top models hit £800 when the lower ones had gone to £499 but then the prices got reset back to £469-£619 then the top ones slid again to £649 (EDIT: Now £659) and the lower ones are all easing up past £500. (Not just OcUK).

Man of Honour
Oh the prices are listed now ? I should take a look, I thought this was from some external source

i know my friend was fully expecting £3XX though so this is rubbish !

Prices have been up for a couple of weeks or so - you have to click through onto the products though I think. £3xx wasn't going to happen though.

Associate
What a shock, of course they are! It's all a bloody scam and this place is one of the worse offenders. PC tech has become a ******* joke!

Associate
8gb of Vram too.. But sub 4k its still roughly 2080ti perf, and a bit better in RTX.

Still, £500+ for an xx70 card is ridiculous, i doubt even xx60 cards will be £300.

Soldato
Need to look at Pound Vs Dollar when MSRP was first announced, the. When at product was bought from Vendor to Distribution, then value when reseller has bought it, and finally when they list it .

Naturally if Pound weeks from when first announced to when reseller actually sells it and bought the stock, they'll raise the price, it pound has strengthened, it'll just be slightly more for profit

Associate
I can understand the pound vs dollar argument over the medium term or greater i.e. 6 - 12 months of incremental price rises.

But within a couple of weeks of launch day its just a rubbish excuse. The market is not that volatile.
All this is is early adopters tax and the different outlets price matching. One shop raises prices slightly others follow suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom