Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
First post, long time lurker!

How are people finding the point and shoot camera? I really fancy a change from my Pixel 3 XL, but IMO the camera is just so good and I don't want to take a massive step backwards.

I have came from a P20 Pro and I'm impressed with both photos and videos. It's a cracking bit of kit...

Associate
Tbh I havent noticed any issues with nova, but I'll look at the alternatives you suggested, the only thing I use it for is icon packs in fairness (plus some gesture shortcuts).

Edit what tempered glass did you order? Was it the Olixar one - beware the last one I got was just adhesive at the edges - I'm hoping they have changed it....

I ordered the pixfab case and screen protector on eBay, one listing. £4.95.
The case is fine, the glass is clearly for the original Xperia 5 as the speaker cut out is in the wrong place!

Will do for now, hopefully Spigen make one.

Associate
Has anyone managed to play HDR content? I tried netflix, amazon and disney but the colours/brightness seem the same. On my TV theres a sudden increase in brightness and colours pop out more.

Associate
Associate
The GSM shots look quite different to me. Which is the 'best' though, I have no idea!

One thing I would like is with the side by side shots that so many sites are doing, I wish they'd keep swapping the shots. So, for example, you'd have a Pixel image on the left, and then a Sony one on the right. But not always...and perhaps have an option to 'reveal' which is which. Makes it much easier to properly compare the shots.

Associate
New case arrived and it significantly made it easier to hold. Also reduced accidental touches from my palm

Which case did you get?

Has anyone managed to play HDR content? I tried netflix, amazon and disney but the colours/brightness seem the same. On my TV theres a sudden increase in brightness and colours pop out more.

IIRC the content providers have a device whitelist and have yet to add the Xperia 5 II as its brand new. I'm pretty sure the phone defaults to enabling HDR when required.

Had no time to play with it yet!

Soldato
Initial impressions are great for me!

Managed to snag a case by caseology off amazon which should be arriving today. The 21:9 aspect ratio is taking some getting used to. Shame it doesn't scale automatically on Netflix etc and have to zoom in to fit the full screen.

Anyone using a launcher? If so any recommendations? Just conscious of the impact on the battery

Associate
Initial impressions are great for me!

Managed to snag a case by caseology off amazon which should be arriving today. The 21:9 aspect ratio is taking some getting used to. Shame it doesn't scale automatically on Netflix etc and have to zoom in to fit the full screen.

Anyone using a launcher? If so any recommendations? Just conscious of the impact on the battery

A lot of the newer stuff on Amazon and Netflix is 21:9 by default anyway, and older films like Ghostbusters. I'd be more upset if the phone forced some sort of scaling of 16:9 content tbh!

Heres a list of 21:9 films that will use the glorious 21:9 display to its full potential.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls073624685/

Associate
I can't find these cases on Amazon. Got links? I hope you've not ordered original 5 cases :D

If you're zooming content to fit the screen then you're losing the top and bottom of the picture!

Should have a chance to have a proper play later, been busy! Stil using my 7 Pro as I've not copied my data yet.

Associate
Not fussed on the above case, i don't like hiding the phone :D I've got a clear case, though from the pictures your screen protector looks good, with a notch for the earpiece, mine came with an OG Xperia 5 one, but it'll do for now!

There are Spigen cases showing on Amazon for end of month! No glass yet though, will contact them to ask about glass.

Back
Top Bottom