• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Am very tempted to go AMD when the release happens. I guess it all depends if I'm still working in a few weeks! If there is a top-end card, it would be great to have that sort of graphics performance and be able to hackintosh-up my workstation. Team Green can't hackintosh...

Caporegime
I'm 100% buying whatever is the top card from AMD, my problem is like some others, water cooling it... so it's an odd one to have as I've heard NOTHING around any water cooling blocks anywhere, so to me, it seems that the release is still some way off... but I'd have to run it outside my case for a bit if I got one lol until a waterblock was available...
Normally EK will release a block either very soon after launch or around the same time. Hell I got my EK block before I got my 5700xt :D

Soldato
Normally EK will release a block either very soon after launch or around the same time. Hell I got my EK block before I got my 5700xt :D
Would be great if so, which does still point to them not having any cards for a while... you can see the release being physically end of November I reckon at a guess... which is fine with me, I've always said I'm in no rush... would be ace if I could get a block upfront as well... might just keep my 5700XT in my rig as well tbh and link them both water cooled and just use the 5700XT for folding instead. The agony of first world problems we all have hey lol. Like I say though I can always run externally on a platform for a but if I had to, doesn't bother me. get one of Jayztwocents air con units cooling it lol

It's a great time at the moment, ignoring the nVidia fiasco, new CPU's out soon, new consoles out soon... if AMD can nail this and at least have stock availability from day 1, GPU's out soon... Xmas could be a fun time for everyone.

Caporegime
Typically AMD announce and then release within a month afterwards. Ryzen 3000 series and Radeon 5000 was like this. The Ryzen 5000 series is also the the case...so I am guessing end of Nov/Early Dec :)

But they might do it sooner. Who knows? Its anyones guess and its amazing just HOW tightlipped this has all been.

TrM

TrM

Associate
looking at the confirmed specs the excitment is ramping up, any reason why amd are keeping the top card in house? is it they dont trust the AIB's with leaks?

no so they 100% profit of a card and they don’t have competition for sales of said gpu. If indeed it is a pricey halo card which I persoanlly expect then more money in amd pockets and not ASU’s or gigabyte let’s say

Soldato
no so they 100% profit of a card and they don’t have competition for sales of said gpu. If indeed it is a pricey halo card which I persoanlly expect then more money in amd pockets and not ASU’s or gigabyte let’s say
i guess, though with a top end card the market is small compared with the mainstream one, cant imagine the margins being that huge that makes amd big money.maybe i under estimate the margins of flagship cards, with exception of nvidia flagships of 1500 quid

Soldato
It could indicate the top end card will come in around £999, they ain't gonna give it away if it's in the 3090 ball park? Blimey as I was writing that if it was and people have spent upward of £1700 on the 3090... I feel some people will perform seppuku... I know I would... infact thinking about it lets get real here... if AMD top card was in the 3090 ballpark, they're gonna be charging more like £1299 for it surely... possibly more? We need to get away from this mindset of them giving us performance for free...

Associate
looking at the confirmed specs the excitment is ramping up, any reason why amd are keeping the top card in house? is it they dont trust the AIB's with leaks?

AIB will leak anything that they come across.
Cant be trusted.
Its why they want things to stay as silent as doable due to it helps vs competition as they cant have a response ready.

AMD is likely to have 3 cards faster than the 3070 which then they can place price and performance and Nvidia cant do anything than either drop the 3070 to a loss or the 3080 to a loss.

Associate
It could indicate the top end card will come in around £999, they ain't gonna give it away if it's in the 3090 ball park? Blimey as I was writing that if it was and people have spent upward of £1700 on the 3090... I feel some people will perform seppuku... I know I would... infact thinking about it lets get real here... if AMD top card was in the 3090 ballpark, they're gonna be charging more like £1299 for it surely... possibly more? We need to get away from this mindset of them giving us performance for free...

If amd is faster than the 3090, it will cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom