***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
aye need the parts list... very tempted hahah

There's a link to an .ldd file that might have a parts list.

From what I remember, it was fairly standard technics parts, but there was an awful lot of lego needed for that one.

Jack street's lego guns book is worth a look. The Enfield carbine in particular, is excellent.

Soldato
Had a look at the 89 batwing on display in my local lego store tonight. Loads in stock, lack of decent freebies though.

Doesn't hit the same aesthetic as the 89 batmobile in person for me.

Disappointed they didn't do a minifigure compatible batwing freebie. Perhaps they have an updated one on its way to retail in the new year.

Caporegime
Had a look at the 89 batwing on display in my local lego store tonight. Loads in stock, lack of decent freebies though.

Doesn't hit the same aesthetic as the 89 batmobile in person for me.

Disappointed they didn't do a minifigure compatible batwing freebie. Perhaps they have an updated one on its way to retail in the new year.

Looks amazing in pics. Not as good in real life?

Soldato
Looks amazing in pics. Not as good in real life?

Compared to how good the 89 batmobile is vs the 89 movie aesthetic is; for me it's not close enough. The cockpit, ridged wing edges and a lot of exposed brick studs don't afford the same accuracy.

However as a lego set, it is still a great representation but it's not quite enough to persuade me to buy it. Had they included a minifigure scaled version like the batmobile, on balance I would go for it.

The above is a personal perspective and I imagine most will love it.

Associate
The 89 Batmobile was a flippers dream. I bought one on release direct from Lego with the mini batmobile included as a freebie.

I built the big one, which was fun , but the variation in the blackness made it look like crap , so I sold it on , used, immediately, but without the mini figures. They were sold separately for £70. The big Batmobile went for £170 and the free mini Batmobile went for £75.

Quite a profitable build. I felt really guilty afterwards.

Not!

Associate
lHaP9Q0.jpg

Nothing wrong with the colours on mine. Every single panel , pin , flex axle is the same colour.

Why Lego can't do this I have no idea.

jNrF0DN.jpg

zckcpPq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom