Repairing artex..with plaster

Soldato
Artex - lovely stuff - not . Quite a few rooms in our house were covered in this stuff, need to be careful, as some contain asbestos and not great for your health. Thankfully none of our rooms were dangerous, but we have torn down most of it and re boarded and reskimmed. Couple of ceilings I've left as they looked decent but the rest got torn down and redone - however if skimming a ceiling please wear safety glasses, plaster in your eyes will result in a trip to A & E

Its not nice stuff to get into your eyes as it effects the PH balance by chemical reaction so if you are to reskim be careful, skimming a ceiling is not an easy job

Soldato
OP
Artex - lovely stuff - not . Quite a few rooms in our house were covered in this stuff, need to be careful, as some contain asbestos and not great for your health. Thankfully none of our rooms were dangerous, but we have torn down most of it and re boarded and reskimmed. Couple of ceilings I've left as they looked decent but the rest got torn down and redone - however if skimming a ceiling please wear safety glasses, plaster in your eyes will result in a trip to A & E

Its not nice stuff to get into your eyes as it effects the PH balance by chemical reaction so if you are to reskim be careful, skimming a ceiling is not an easy job

I never even thought of plaster in the eyes. I was more thinking of the asbestos bit.

Soldato
I never even thought of plaster in the eyes. I was more thinking of the asbestos bit.

No I did it once and only once, a blob of plaster right in my eye, after a few hours even though I washed my eye out with plenty of water I felt like I wanted to rip my eyeball out, went A & E and they cleaned it with a litre of water and gave me eye drops - took about 3 days to clear up.

Skimming is a horrible job on a wall , let alone a ceiling, hate doing it, but I do as its a cost saving - but its the mess and clean up after - but looks far better then artex IMO

Back
Top Bottom