• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
Currently yes, all the new connectors have this. My only worry is in future, even though the new connectors currently have the shrink rap, if there is no shrink rap it could confuse people.

Thank you . I have updated the OP re this .and pointed out that future designs may be revised without heat shrink and will not effect anything WK39 and above .

Associate
Hello gentlemen.
Does anyone here know of somewhere to buy a new power connector for this card? I can replace it myself but I have no idea where to search for spare parts. one of the pins keep getting pushed in, and i see several others that arent properly lined up.
Maybe @GIGA-Man knows something? I live in Poland so i am completely screwed for options.
I've got the Gaming OC, and the power connector is a mess....

Associate
Received mine this morning from a different supplier and it had the power connection issue. Thought it would try it in the mean time and one of the pins has been pushed back. What’s the turnaround in these being fixed in the UK?

Soldato
Hello gentlemen.
Does anyone here know of somewhere to buy a new power connector for this card? I can replace it myself but I have no idea where to search for spare parts. one of the pins keep getting pushed in, and i see several others that arent properly lined up.
Maybe @GIGA-Man knows something? I live in Poland so i am completely screwed for options.
This connectors are not to be bought anywhere, it needs to go to gigabyte for replacement.

Received mine this morning from a different supplier and it had the power connection issue. Thought it would try it in the mean time and one of the pins has been pushed back. What’s the turnaround in these being fixed in the UK?
3-4 days depending when do you contact gigabyte

Associate
mines was collected Friday and returned midday today

Associate
Hello guys i am from Austria i will get my Gigabyte Oc Gaming 3080 this Friday. And now im a little bit concerned. If i get the faulty version what can i do from Austria ? Sent it back to the retailer? Or gigabyte or? Lets hope i get the fixed version.

Also thank you for this thread as you guys are the only one who made one about this topic i saw the problem in a few german forums but nothing major like here, thats why i found yours but 25 sites and an Official giga Rep guy i had to sign up. Also The Sopranos <3 i saw Tony and yea:cool:

Associate
Hello gentlemen.

I advise you contact the local office in your region, I know they have recently fixed a few for people on this forum. While I am sure you are more then able to replace it yourself, it would likely void your warranty to do so. Check the contact us section of the GIGABYTE website and select our Polish office for details.

Associate
OP
Hello guys i am from Austria i will get my Gigabyte Oc Gaming 3080 this Friday. And now im a little bit concerned. If i get the faulty version what can i do from Austria ? Sent it back to the retailer? Or gigabyte or? Lets hope i get the fixed version.

Also thank you for this thread as you guys are the only one who made one about this topic i saw the problem in a few german forums but nothing major like here, thats why i found yours but 25 sites and an Official giga Rep guy i had to sign up. Also The Sopranos <3 i saw Tony and yea:cool:

Welcome to the show ..

I would suspect the card you will be getting will be above WK38 on the serial number which would be fixed..you can check once you receive it and then take it from there if its WK38 or below.

Associate
Welcome to the show ..

I would suspect the card you will be getting will be above WK38 on the serial number which would be fixed..you can check once you receive it and then take it from there if its WK38 or below.

Yeah, I very much doubt you will get a card with the old connector. All the ones being made and arriving now have been upgraded.

Associate
Some update from Germany, as i removed the cable to get my card working and ask support for updated Version or fix i got feedback this did void my warranty! Well Gigabyte, let's see if this is the right way to treat your customers.
Selling a product which has a failure within the first half year is clearly warranty case unless i didn't do any damage to the product on purpose. There are law's for this. Never ever buy any Gigabyte Product for such a lousy service in Germany.
Did i tell you i'm not in a good mood? :) Quite happy with my x570 Aorus Master MBA but what about a youtube video smashing it?

Soldato
I think its common sense if you start taking things apart and they break it voids the warranty. If you had a concern about anything you should have contacted Gigabyte. Unlucky i feel sorry for you

Associate
Sent my card off which was collected Tuesday and tracking says they recieved it Yesterday (wednesday 21st). Will I recieve a confirmation from Gigabyte? Whats the expected turn around?

Associate
Sent my card off which was collected Tuesday and tracking says they recieved it Yesterday (wednesday 21st). Will I recieve a confirmation from Gigabyte? Whats the expected turn around?
you'll likely get it back Friday, unless they repair it today

Mine was dispatched the day they repaired it on an overnight.

Only notification you will get is the courier emailing you to say "it will be delivered tomorrow"

Back
Top Bottom