Prime Day 2020

Associate
Was holding out for a discount and prime, so was gutted there wasn't one. Just signed up for the monthly prime so I could get the £10 on a £100 pund voucher deal, ended up buying an instantpot which I probably wouldn't have otherwise so I suppose the jokes on me.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
My parcel was deemed lost as well, noted as delivered but nothing anywhere, checked with neighbours etc.

They shipped me a new one and gave me £5 credit, the driver delivered 2 of the item so no idea what happened there, they told me to keep it even though it was £140?! I don't get them sometimes, too much money to care.

Associate
Still waiting on my order from the 13th. The order is stuck on Delivery date pending yet when I bought the product it was in stock.
Spoke to online chat who say I will get a response back from the fulfilment centre within 48hours... Nothing. Rang up this morning and spoke to an agent who said the product is not in stock.

Anyone had any issues like this? It was an ASUS rog monitor on prime day deal.

Soldato
Still waiting on my order from the 13th. The order is stuck on Delivery date pending yet when I bought the product it was in stock.
Spoke to online chat who say I will get a response back from the fulfilment centre within 48hours... Nothing. Rang up this morning and spoke to an agent who said the product is not in stock.

Anyone had any issues like this? It was an ASUS rog monitor on prime day deal.

Amazon has a very sophisticated stock process I imagine, they probably oversold your monitor. You'll probably either need to remain patient or cancel it, but in my experience they usually come through even on back ordered stuff.

Man of Honour
I see they are now doing "early Black Friday" deal with a lot of the same stuff coming up again as Prime Day - I'm guessing not enough of that tat shifted so they are having another go.

Man of Honour
Probably, seeing as the HD599s aren't discounted again; I bet they shifted a load of those the first go around!

What was the price on the sale before? currently £134 with the RRP scratched out to try and look like it is a deal. A lot of the other headphones that were on deals are back on though - but not the ones I'm interested in :(

Caporegime
30% off warehouse deals so just got the

Blueair Blue Pure 221

£348 new for £213.

Its an air purifier which gets rid of smoke, viruses, bacteria, pollen, pet hair, allergens, car and kitchen smoke, fumes, mould, etc.

Makes your air 99.97% clean iirc.

I think for £200 if it improves the air I'm breathing in its only a good thing.

I want one for the car that plugs into the cigarette socket especially after the other day being behind a diesel BMW at the lights think it was a 530d it left a cloud behind it which literally was dangerous to visibility and the taste was awful.

I don't know how these cars pass mot emissions tests can we report cars who are clearly emitting too much dangerous fumes?

Last edited:
Soldato
Blueair Blue Pure 221

£348 new for £213.

Its an air purifier which gets rid of smoke, viruses, bacteria, pollen, pet hair, allergens, car and kitchen smoke, fumes, mould, etc.

Makes your air 99.7% clean iirc.

I think for £200 if it improves the air I'm breathing in its only a good thing.

How long do the filters last and how much are they to replace?

I noticed a lot of machines last time I looked were like printers these days - the machine was cheap but if you didn't research in advance you'd find you're replacing the proprietary filter every 3 months and it's £50 a go.

Caporegime
How long do the filters last and how much are they to replace?

I noticed a lot of machines last time I looked were like printers these days - the machine was cheap but if you didn't research in advance you'd find you're replacing the proprietary filter every 3 months and it's £50 a go.

You can buy pre filters for cheap that are machine washable so the proper filters only have to filter out the smaller stuff so they last longer.

The filter will last longer in a cleaner environment. So if it's running out in 3 months the air must be filthy so it's a good thing.

Yeah filters are £50 or thereabouts probably £40 if you go direct to China through eBay or AliExpress.

Pre filter is £10.

In Scotland I'm hoping it lasts 6-9 months as the air should be cleaner up here.

Tbh £10 a month for clean air is a small price to pay when you are spending all day indoors during Covid.

It should also help prevent kids from asthma and things like that. It's not a cure bit should help prevent the risks. Probably more useful during pregnancy and the first 2-3 years.

For example incense stick smoke is just as bad if not worse than cigarettes in some cases.

A lot of people swear by these especially this make. I was going to get a cheap £100 one from China but for £200 for this model is a bargain.

I'm really concerned about the quality of air due to vehicle emissions and that filters into the home. I'm glad to see pure fossil fuel cars will be banned from sale in 2030 now.

I really want one for the car after the many incidents similar to the BMW diesel the other day. It cannot be good especially for kids and babies or pregnant mothers to be breathing that stuff in.

Just under £60 however

Purchasing a filter subscription saves you 10% on all future replacement filter orders + free shipping and extends your limited 1-year product warranty to a lifetime warranty for as long as you remain a subscriber. Visit the filter subscription page to learn more

Upgrades your warranty to lifetime and it's 6 months if you use 24/7.

So pretty good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've the Xiaomi Air Purifier. I can definitely notice a difference with my wife who has hay fever etc.

You also notice it kick in when ding something like a fry up which creates a lot of smells.

Yeah I saw the new one in the 11.11 sale but decided to wait.

Only one in stock on Amazon warehouse black Friday 30% off so jumped the gun. It's a significant saving and Amazon good for returns if it's dodgy.

I've been doing some reading recently and if someone is cooking it should automatically ramp up to remove the crap in the air from it.

I'll probably get a Xiaomi one as well in future so I don't need to move this big unit around at all. This can do 50m cubed whereas the Xiaomi can only do a single room. Or I might get the smaller blue air model if it comes down in price as a portable unit.

Soldato
True.

Mine is the 2S. But seen some good prices on the newer 3 versions.

Have had it around 18 months now and it’s only told me to change the filters once so far. Think they work out about £30.

My only complaint is the app which doesn’t always connect to the unit. But that’s not overly important as it still runs as expected.

Permabanned
I see they are now doing "early Black Friday" deal with a lot of the same stuff coming up again as Prime Day - I'm guessing not enough of that tat shifted so they are having another go.

Yet to actually spend any cash on any black friday. Seems like tat day i need a 860 evo and a BDXL burner and nothing on offer not even a 1p price drop.

Back
Top Bottom