• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
So the new Ryzen 7 is a couple of quid more than 10850K i just got. Less cores but faster in games?
For games you don’t need any more than 8cores for a long time.

Who knows when the generation of consoles after the PS5 and the new Xbox will arrive and if at all (talk of moving to a streaming gaming for the masses).

>8c you are really looking for a bit more productivity work. For instance a basic premier H264 encoding @2k for a 30min on my 6c12t 1600AF with cuda acceleration (50% of the video had effect on it which cannot utilise the Cuda acceleration) took over an hour. So more ores there will drastically reduce the time.

Anyway the most expensive CPU isn’t necessarily the best CPU for gaming or gives you the best value. From intel line up the i5 has proven to be the cast from time to time.

Associate
Going to be the 17th all over again I expect, I know this time though I wont try to shop about and just keep hitting F5 on OC until its in my basket! 5900x or 5800x the reviews will probably decide this for me.

You can do this, but it still won't guarantee you'll get one confirmed on release day

Soldato
If the price stays the same here they should really be offering free Saturday delivery as from what i can see OCUK are the most expensive option at the moment.

Soldato
If the price stays the same here they should really be offering free Saturday delivery as from what i can see OCUK are the most expensive option at the moment.

There really aren't many prices out there and all that are showing from what I can see are within a few quid and most don't do free saturday delivery either :/

Associate
Going to be the 17th all over again I expect, I know this time though I wont try to shop about and just keep hitting F5 on OC until its in my basket! 5900x or 5800x the reviews will probably decide this for me.
I really don't see a CPU launch being quite as much of a scramble as a GPU launch if the second hand PCs I see on facebook marketplace are anything to go by. People will keep buying the latest GPU while still using a decade old CPU

Soldato

Good, I hope they are the most expensive. Hopefully it'll keep all the bots and eBay resellers away so people who just genuinely want one for personal use have more of a chance.

Soldato
Well you are looking in the wrong place, it doesn't specify that Saturday is included in the next day free delivery but it clearly states "free next day delivery on this product".

In that case we was looking at the same place, however when you look at the delivery details in the T&C saturdays are additional ;)

Associate
So I just noticed OCUK have increased the price of the 5950X from £749.99 to £799.99. Why? Another price gouge like the GTX30 series? It was already priced above the 3950X by some margin. Ridiculous.

Soldato
Yep ah well not likely to get an order from myself. Prices should have been locked in when they made that massive order and paid for then at rate and price known. Killed a sale from me for that tbh.

Associate
So I just noticed OCUK have increased the price of the 5950X from £749.99 to £799.99. Why? Another price gouge like the GTX30 series? It was already priced above the 3950X by some margin. Ridiculous.

Ahhhh oh well wont be getting my order either then, profiteering on customer loyalty i will go else where.

Soldato
I really don't understand the "need" to grab a CPU on launch day :confused:
Yes, there will be reviews online and yes we will have seen further leaks before launch. But what no one will have seen is detailed in depth reviews, they take at least a week or 2. Peeps seem to forget that with launch day reviews, most reviewers haven't actually had the cpu's for more than a couple of days themselves.
They certainly won't be running ram anything more than stock, or at best with DOHCP enabled, they won't be overclocking.....................hell, most of them won't even enable PBO.
Why not just wait a couple of weeks for detailed reviews and detailed benchmarks.

Associate
Yep ah well not likely to get an order from myself. Prices should have been locked in when they made that massive order and paid for then at rate and price known. Killed a sale from me for that tbh.

Ahhhh oh well wont be getting my order either then, profiteering on customer loyalty i will go else where.

Yup. I had to try really hard to convince myself 750 was worth it for the 5950X. I’m not paying 800. At this point I will either shop elsewhere or simply wait for prices to drop.

Associate
I really don't understand the "need" to grab a CPU on launch day :confused:
Yes, there will be reviews online and yes we will have seen further leaks before launch. But what no one will have seen is detailed in depth reviews, they take at least a week or 2. Peeps seem to forget that with launch day reviews, most reviewers haven't actually had the cpu's for more than a couple of days themselves.
They certainly won't be running ram anything more than stock, or at best with DOHCP enabled, they won't be overclocking.....................hell, most of them won't even enable PBO.
Why not just wait a couple of weeks for detailed reviews and detailed benchmarks.

For me I am personally building a new PC, the old one is in bits. I have purchased everything except CPU and GPU. So, I would like to get these ASAP so I can finish building.

Back
Top Bottom