Pro Cycling Discussion 2020

Soldato
Agreed, it blew everything apart with big names getting dropped all over the place. Froome is just embarrassing himself if he ever thought he was in good enough nick to be leader fighting for GC
Froome is just desperate to recapture his form and I think he was hoping to hand in there and ride his way back into condition but that opening stage was pretty brutal. I hope he manages to get his condition back over the off season and show what he is capable of next season, it would be sad to see his career ended by that accident.

Soldato
Itv4 showed the pictures of his post crash and I forgot how horrific it was. The leg break was awful. I think he knows exactly where he is and will be riding into that final week if we get there.

Soldato
Vuelta once again a good watch, riders racing like there is no tomorrow. Movistar actually did tactics perfectly. I thought they were incapable of that now...

Giro seems to be a slow war of attrition and with the changes to Saturday cutting out izoard and doing sestriere three times it could come down to today for kelderman and those below him to look to gain big time back on almeida who is still looking super strong. Great hit out by lampaert and dqs tactics once again spot on for a one day race.

Finally bruges de panne, the conditions looked absolutely horrendous with those high winds. Merlier riding his top tube was an incredible save unlike van Der poel trying to ride through the gutter. Still isn't learning thta you can't just go through people on the road.dqs tactics spot on once again for a one say race.

Soldato
Brilliant stage today on the Giro.

That shot looking up Stelvio and the the snow capped mountains with switchback after switchback must have been hell for them.

Now they have another final climb to deal with, up to the finish.

Crazy :D

Soldato
Giro being brilliantly brutal yet again. Looked absolutely freezing up the top of the stelvio. Thought that ineos should have put an attack on Hindley when he was unable to get his jacket on 8 times in a row. Going to come down to that final time trial again surely!

Soldato
Giro being brilliantly brutal yet again. Looked absolutely freezing up the top of the stelvio. Thought that ineos should have put an attack on Hindley when he was unable to get his jacket on 8 times in a row. Going to come down to that final time trial again surely!
Hart will have a decent sniff if it does assuming he can stick with it tomorrow. Amazing rides all round today in terrible conditions vertically not One for the faint hearted!

Soldato
I had a hard day at work yesterday also. Just told my boss I am doing a half day instead and he told me to **** off.

Since it's raining and they don't like the rain these professionals. They should have made them do the 260KM on Zwift. Would be even worse than doing the actual stage and would show these skinny moaners who the boss is.

Soldato
Unusually I agree with Wiggins, at least in part. It was chaotic to have this fuss when the route has been known for a while (although I do note Adam Hansens points about the lengths of the transfers which were only just understood by the riders). No one wants a 258km sprint stage at any time though

Associate
Yeah. I wonder if not being in the lead is an advantage ahead of the TT as you can wear your own skinsuit, I'm sure people have said for years that the ones provided for the leaders aren't ever going to be as good.

Soldato
Both made by the same people castelli! But having your own one you ride regularly will definitely help. Wasn't an action stage but I was gripped when I eventually caught up. Going to be one hell of a tt tomorrow! Although just remembered Tao GH would be in the young rider with Jai Hindley moving into Pink.

Head to Head record is 7 to 2 in Tao's favour.

Ganna to win this by 30 seconds probably.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom