Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Assuming you use pain relief, have you asked your GP about antidepressants for pain relief?

I'm using anti-inflammatories to keep the inflammation down, as inflammation around the nerves is whats causing the sciatica/pain, however i've stopped taking painkillers as even dihydrocodeine wasn't making that much of a difference and the obvious side effects don't go well with a bad back :p

I know there's a few antidepressants which are meant to be good for nerve pain relief, but haven't seen my GP in a few weeks as i've just been dealing with it while I go down this private route to get the actual issue identified and work out what the best course of action is to solve it.

Going to mention any other pain relief to the consultant but as it stands, the pain isn't as bad as when it first happened and I can get by with the pain, and if I can avoid taking antidepressants I will. Luckily i'm self employed with my cousin and he can handle the physical side of the products while I handle the paperwork side rather than splitting it evenly between us :)

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. Good luck with your back!

No worries mate! Best of luck :D

Last edited:
Associate
I will be brewing a Mosaic/Citra IPA in a week or two when this one is done, a recipe I first brewed at the end of 2017 as my first brew. I moved away to the US a couple months later so haven't brewed since.

In the fermenter at the moment is just a kit Amber Ale that came with some fermenting buckets, not a style I am too fond of but it was free.

This is a bargain if you are looking for all the equipment, this is what I just bought. Only needed the fermenters (I prefer the stronger US style buckets) but it's nice to have an extra pot and the other things. RRP is £100+. Discounted because the kit yeast is BBE Sep 2020, but seems to be working fine for me.

Tempting... do you always have recommendations for follow on ingredients while we learn what we are doing? :D

Associate
Tempting... do you always have recommendations for follow on ingredients while we learn what we are doing? :D

Some online brew shops will sell recipe kits, be it malt extract (like the one included with that set) or a full all grain recipe, which is a little more complicated but produces much better beer. They'll provide the malt, hops, yeast and an instruction pamphlet. See here

I've always made my own recipe (always = that one time) which I prefer as then I can call it my own, rather than making somebody else's beer. Just personal preference.

Soldato
I will be brewing a Mosaic/Citra IPA in a week or two when this one is done, a recipe I first brewed at the end of 2017 as my first brew. I moved away to the US a couple months later so haven't brewed since.

In the fermenter at the moment is just a kit Amber Ale that came with some fermenting buckets, not a style I am too fond of but it was free.

This is a bargain if you are looking for all the equipment, this is what I just bought. Only needed the fermenters (I prefer the stronger US style buckets) but it's nice to have an extra pot and the other things. RRP is £100+. Discounted because the kit yeast is BBE Sep 2020, but seems to be working fine for me.

Interesting, that does seem like a good deal. I used to be a lot more active in home brewing, which actually ended up with me getting a job as a brewer for quite a well known brewery in Scotland... However, it's far more enjoyable making 5 gallons in your kitchen on a Sunday than making it commercially in an wind battered industrial estate in the North of Scotland!

ANnoyingly I gave all my equipment away.

Last edited:
Associate
Going private for spinal surgery is the best option IMO.

I had a bulged disc reshaped on the NHS. Had a very good recovery from the surgery BUT the wait was a torturous 10 months.

I hated every minute of every day and was severely depressed. The other issue I had was muscle wastage, this took over a year to resolve and I still have poor posture 2.5 years later.

Soldato
Going private for spinal surgery is the best option IMO.

I had a bulged disc reshaped on the NHS. Had a very good recovery from the surgery BUT the wait was a torturous 10 months.

I hated every minute of every day and was severely depressed. The other issue I had was muscle wastage, this took over a year to resolve and I still have poor posture 2.5 years later.

Yeah I bet, gutted to hear the wait is that long :(

Really can't afford it but if the wait is like that then I suppose you can't really put a price on your health....

Soldato
That's insane. How many miles are you doing?

There must be something not right and not just your weight as its not exactly excessive but that amount of punctures is..

Around 3,500 miles so far. Front tyre is still on the original inner tube, one puncture repair on it, still going strong. I think the issue with the rearm it spiralled after I'd had a certain amount as I think the side wall because stretched and didn't hold integrity. I realised this on the 3 puncture ride. I also got a better pump, so I could get better pressure in when I had to replace when out and about, as sometimes that would be the issue. You replace once, maybe you only get up to 80 or 90 psi and so you get another pinch 30 minutes later...

Associate
New TV day, first time in 5 years so a decent upgrade was called for. (Excuse the mess, all tidied now!)

IMG-20201022-WA0001.jpg

20201022-145850.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A new piece + olive drab strap, love this vintage style but modern spec. The way light plays on the brushed bezel and double domed box glass is :cool:

Tropic_JB_installed-set.jpg

Back
Top Bottom