Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
I used to get my two the bozita cartons which they were happy with. If you pay a one off yearly fee to Zooplus you can get a further discount on orders (or you could when I used them)
I did switch them to a raw cat food that was recommended to me. It was ok at first but if they didn't eat it straight away I had to throw it out. (Didn't help that my mum would feed them stuff I was trying to get them off!)

I then switched over to tinned supermarket food which I'd never been able to get them onto before (it was always felix) it took a little while but finally got them liking it. I usually get Sainsbury's own make as I find there are more chunks than Tesco. Also recently found that Wilko own is roughly the same price per tin and has quite a few chunks to it.

I do wish they were having a higher meat content but looking at other brands I just can't afford it right now :( (some work out to over £10 a kilo vs roughly £1 a kilo for what I'm currently getting!!)

I know with higher meat they don't need as much but bozita suggests a portion size of more than the amount that I'm feeding them now :confused: i actually always seemed to have an issue with Charlie's weight in the past and keeping it low, now he's on the tinned stuff it seems to have steadied out

Man of Honour
A grass snake is one thing any of our cats have never had - Tiggy a cat at our old place bought in a stoat (light brown and white and small) - I can only assume it jumped in her mouth - The damn thing sprayed all over the dining room and stunk like a load of Tom cats - Also took me ages to catch it and put it outside. Nasty vicious things. - Cute though.

My Abby caught one of those damn things last year. She proudly brought it home and luckily I was doing some gardening at the time. She was stinking as it must have sprayed her. She dropped it next to me and it looked dead as it wasn't moving. I remember thinking at the time what a beautiful animal it was and a shame that it was dead. That opinion didn't last long. Luckily I had a pair of thick gardening gloves on because when I bent down to pick it up the bloody thing latched onto my finger and wouldn't let go. I walked down the garden with it still latched on and screaming it's head off and it still wouldn't let go when I lowered it to the ground in the field next to our garden. After a bit of shaking it finally let go but reared up on it's back legs still screaming at me before turning and running off. At that point I realised that the bloody thing had sprayed me as well. What a stink!! For such a small creature it had so much fight in it. I took a lot of scrubbing in the shower and a high temp wash for my clothes to get rid of the smell. Abby wasn't impressed at all that she needed a bath. Now that was fun, not!! Hopefully she won't catch any more of those.

She has caught Voles, Various mice, Shrews, a Mole, a Rabbit, a Bat though I haven't a clue how she caught that and several types of birds. She even had a go at a Pheasant in our garden. Our old neighbours had a big Lab (red Lab or similar) which was always chasing other cats. He made the mistake of chasing Abby one day and the tables were soon turned when she stood her ground and then attacked him. We have new neighbours now who just happen to be the worst neighbours I have ever had and they have three crappy yap yap dogs (2x Dacshunds and a King Charles Spaniel) who are always outside barking at anything or anyone that moves. Shae chased them off as well when they tried ganging up on her. Bloody fearless she is.

Soldato
Both our cats stuffed Carney down them so bought four flats (that's a lot of tins) - They are now languishing in the shed as they went off them after a week.

same for my cat, he loved the beef and heart type, however I found if i mix it with a royal canin pouch (in jelly), then he wolfs it all down. I think it's because the carny stuff is so full of meat they kind of go off it because it's a bit heavy / dry, but if you mix it with something that is a little more "wet" it seems to work.

Soldato
We only have the one cat now and all he eats is the jelly - just shoves meat to one side - These are pouches we now buy - He will eat fresh cooked chicken but give it him tomorrow and he looks up at you with a withering look that says - "You must be joking"
He does eat pellets but not a lot.

Soldato
My cat has been picking the coloured pieces out of the dry food I've been feeding her for a while and mostly ignoring the brown pieces :p picky little madam! . Vets have said she needs to eat more though.

Any dry food recommendations?

I don't really agree with the amount of waste from wet food pouches etc although if it comes to it I'll have to get some if she doesn't eat enough. But for now I'd like to try some different dry food varieties

Caporegime
Mine gets Applaws dry. She seems to be unfussy when it comes to dry, and will eat the high-quality brands :p

Quite the reverse of her wet food fussiness, where she will only ever eat Felix and absolutely nothing else.

Associate
No longer have this furball (Pumpkin) :( Pic taken couple years ago

IMG-0004.jpg

Soldato
We've been living with my grandmother throughout lockdown and about to move out in 2 weeks once our house is ready. She's been saying she'll get lonely without us here and would love to have a little animal around the house. She was certain she wanted a dog but we talked her out of it and she decided a cat would be easier to look after.

Literally that morning someone put up that they were moving and wouldn't be able to take their cats with them and wanted to find a home for them. We went and spoke to the owners and they seemed happy to let them come home to us. She said she didn't want to split them up but would if needs be. We took the pair of them. Had them for a few days now and it seems they're not really fond of each other. The mother is forever slapping the daughter up for what appears to be very minor infractions!

So we've decided that when we move we'll take the daughter as she doesn't seem to be able to relax when both in the same room.

SOZe.jpg

That's the mother. She was called Echo but I've been calling her Osama as she is always up to something naughty that she shouldn't be doing. Quite like the name Echo though.
As naughty as she is, she's really charming and seemed comfortable after an hour or so. She's really taken to my grandmother and seems to follow her around all the time so we decided to let her stay.

TOZe.jpg

That's the daughter (who bizarrely is bigger than mother and she's only 1. Must've had a big old daddy) who is a lot more shy compared to the mother but she seems to have warmed to my partner and I immediately. Always relaxes/hides in our room and always likes to rub up against us. She was called Mittens but we didn't really like that name so we've called her Gato.

She doesn't know it yet but she will be getting spoilt rotten over her life... Whether she likes it or not!

Soldato
We are thinking of having another cat, most likely two, after losing our cat earlier in the year. He sadly got hit by a car, and we've never felt so much grief.

We can't live with having a cat outside and the risk involved, so are looking into catio options.

Does anyone have one, and can offer any advice please.

Thanks

Soldato
My cat has been picking the coloured pieces out of the dry food I've been feeding her for a while and mostly ignoring the brown pieces :p picky little madam! . Vets have said she needs to eat more though.

I don't really agree with the amount of waste from wet food pouches etc although if it comes to it I'll have to get some if she doesn't eat enough. But for now I'd like to try some different dry food varieties

I use Orijen dry food, cat loves it.

Man of Honour
I tried Angel with a Sheiba chicken paste tube thing (forget the name). It's a yoghurt / smoothie texture treat in a small tube. She loves them but they are quite expensive. I saw a recommendation for Webbox Lick-e-Lix instead at half the price in various flavours. It seems exactly the same so I tried it. She's addicted! Whenever she thinks I'm getting some I barely make it to the kitchen without a cat excitedly attached to my legs and mewing desperately. It's like crack to her.

Soldato
This is Oscar, our new kitten one week in. He's a proper dude, super vocal with chirps announcing himself and when he gets excited. Driving my older cat a bit mad but he's slowly being excepted or should I say tolerated. You forget just how mad and how much fun kittens are.

Caporegime
We are thinking of having another cat, most likely two, after losing our cat earlier in the year. He sadly got hit by a car, and we've never felt so much grief.

We can't live with having a cat outside and the risk involved, so are looking into catio options.

Does anyone have one, and can offer any advice please.

Thanks
Indoor cat here but no catio. Mine is perfectly happy to go for walks on a harness, like a small dog :p

She loses her nerve at the first sound of children and comes running back down the path to the safety of the indoors (with me running behind her :p)

Mostly she just wants to explore the garden, but bizarrely she also often wants to visit a random block of garages just up the street.

Our garden isn't big but it isn't small either, and there's enough to keep her interested for a few mins. Often she'll just do a lap of the garden then want to come back inside. I don't blame her. It's a bit nippy and raining and there's a bit of a breeze on... both of us prefer the warmth of indoors :p

Soldato

I'm lucky with my two cats they'll eat all dry food I've offered them so far I.e. Royal Canin, James Wellbeloved and Concept for life. Maybe try some kibble mixed in with wet food.

Back
Top Bottom