Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
4 weeks today and the PS5 will be in our hands :D

Has everyone decided where and how they are going to store their PS5?
Hopefully on it's side under the TV BUT an option to stand vertically next to the TV if heats an issue.

I'm more interested what external SSD options people may be contemplating to store / play PS4 games. I'm erring towards the Samsung T5 1TB but waiting for the price to drop towards ~130 knackers!

Soldato
Hopefully on it's side under the TV BUT an option to stand vertically next to the TV if heats an issue.

I'm more interested what external SSD options people may be contemplating to store / play PS4 games. I'm erring towards the Samsung T5 1TB but waiting for the price to drop towards ~130 knackers!

1TB Crucial MX500 out of my PS4 Pro, put into an external caddy. I've got a couple of cheap transparent USB 3.0 ones I can test for speed first to see if they're up to the task.

Soldato
1TB Crucial MX500 out of my PS4 Pro, put into an external caddy. I've got a couple of cheap transparent USB 3.0 ones I can test for speed first to see if they're up to the task.
Interesting; I think you did mention this option previously. That SSD looks to be around a ton and the USB caddies around 15 pentons. Savings to be had ...

Soldato
Interesting; I think you did mention this option previously. That SSD looks to be around a ton and the USB caddies around 15 pentons. Savings to be had ...

I probably did! I think the caddies I've got were only about £6 each, I only use them for HDDs (one for additional PS4 storage) so whether they're up to the task for an SSD is another matter but if I need a newer faster one for use with the PS5 it's not a huge issue.

Soldato
TF are a product of compute units and clock speeds... :rolleyes::p

And the difference between One X and PS4 Pro is much, much larger.

Sorry is the Xbox One X not 6TF GCN and the PS4 Pro not 4.2TF GCN ?? so a 1.8tf difference.

Is that not less than the difference between them this gen ?

And if you want to look at a multiplat game that is miles ahead on the One X look at red dead 2.

Especially with only 1.8TF difference.

Im getting both anyway but i am under no illusion that the PS5 is the weaker console this generation and i will get all my multiplats on the Xbox Series X and the Sony exclusives on the PS5.

Soldato
Sorry is the Xbox one X not 6tf GCN and the PS4 Pro not 4.2tf GCN ?? so a 1.8tf difference.

Is that not less than the difference between them this gen ?

And if you want to look at a multiplat game that is miles ahead on the one x look at red dead 2.

I was thinking proportionally, rather than in absolute terms. Though it wasn't a reference solely toward the GPU. There were other differences; Xbox One X have 50% more RAM clocked at 50% higher speed, and a slightly higher clocked CPU on a revised architecture.

As for games, RDR2 was actually the specific game I was thinking of :p

Soldato
Can't wait for this thread to be filled with people enjoying their new console and being excited about what game they are playing or which game they are really looking forward too.

Instead of this console wars ****

Soldato
Can't wait for this thread to be filled with people enjoying their new console and being excited about what game they are playing or which game they are really looking forward too.

Instead of this console wars ****

For some of us, it's not about who is best and it's simply about curiosity. I genuinely look forward to seeing how the two pieces of hardware stack up, how they vary, and how the differing decisions made by both companies affect things. I think both Sony and Microsoft have made some interesting hardware choices TBH. I'm not buying either at launch, but that's mostly owing to covid income woes. I'd love to have both.

Soldato
I don't think there's been much console war nonsense in here at all. Only one user is notorious for it and he's on many peoples ignore lists.
It's been for the most part pretty good this time. Lot's of interesting discussions on the merits of both. One or two fanboys but on the whole I've been impressed. Nothing like last gen launch. I guess there's still time though.

Soldato
Only have to hop on Twitter to see how much worse it could be :p Most people here just seem to like gaming. Some have system preferences, but at the end of the day it's gaming as a hobby that's important. Twitter, on the other hand... :eek:

Soldato
Only have to hop on Twitter to see how much worse it could be :p Most people here just seem to like gaming. Some have system preferences, but at the end of the day it's gaming as a hobby that's important. Twitter, on the other hand... :eek:

This.

For me, to be a fan of gaming is to support gaming in all forms and promote the hobby in whatever form a gamer enjoys it.

I particularly like anything that makes gaming accessible. Having grown up and lived through the stigma period, I love how mainstream my lifelong hobby is these days.

Soldato
Honesty the tf is such a pointless arguement, Xbox one X is more powerful than PS4 pro but it didn't have the exclusive games so didn't matter how much more power it had the games weren't there

Caporegime
Honesty the tf is such a pointless arguement, Xbox one X is more powerful than PS4 pro but it didn't have the exclusive games so didn't matter how much more power it had the games weren't there

And yet aren’t most of those PS4 exclusives “play once and never again “ going by the talk on here? Which console had the best version of nearly all multiplatform and service games?

The argument that Xbox has no games is as useless as the Tflops one. And don’t throw PC in as an excuse because not everyone wants/has one.

Back
Top Bottom