• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Yup. I had to try really hard to convince myself 750 was worth it for the 5950X. I’m not paying 800. At this point I will either shop elsewhere or simply wait for prices to drop.

Darn I really wanted to buy that 5950X. I’ve already bought a new motherboard and water block just waiting on the cpu.

£750 was already asking a lot. £800 is just plain greedy.

Overchargers UK strikes again!!!

I’ll just buy it elsewhere for £750.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't understand the "need" to grab a CPU on launch day :confused:
Why not just wait a couple of weeks for detailed reviews and detailed benchmarks.

gotta have it

Gotta Have it

GOTTA HAVE IT

:eek:

It's going to have launch bugs and cost extra but it's a fashion statement and gets you into those special benchmark, overclocking and owners threads early :p

Soldato
Its the same every time, just wait 4-6 weeks and the price should settle back to rrp although it took longer last time. I ended up getting 3900X somewhere else, still had to pay over rrp:(

Rom

Rom

Associate
How can there be high demand, when no one can buy them?
Unless you mean high demand from retailers to amd?

I did read something saying prices arent set by amd, until they ship. So they might not know if they are going to pay 400 / 430 or whatever per unit.

Ive not seen anywhere taking orders yet? Maybe i just dont know the cool kids hangouts :)

Soldato
I'm assuming OCUK won't actually have any yet, I mean physically in their warehouse?

I'd be interested to know when OCUK themselves get receipt of the chips, one would assume at least a few days if not longer before they are allowed to sell them?????

Might be nice to get some idea of numbers before release if such information could be made public?

I have a bad feeling though this is going to end up like the Nvidia 3xxx launch, I sincerely hope not.

Associate
I do not understand the price jump on the 5950X when the other Zen3 products have stayed the same, can't use the old Dollar excuse for that. Lost my order i am afraid, will purchaser elsewhere

Soldato
Gibbo will have to update the first page of this thread with the new price :o.
Like @Combat Fighter said £750 is already high but £800 is a too much.
Supprised people are moaning about a 50 quid increase on a £750 chip which is around a 7% hike, think of the people that are at the lower end of the market where buying a 6 core chip now costs £100 more which is nearly a 50% increase and these are the people with less cash to spare.

That's even before OCUK bumps it up to something ridiculous like £330.

Back
Top Bottom