Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I'm out about in London today rather than being in the office and am currently on 1 hour 39 screen on time at 66%. This is because I haven't been watching videos or anything intensive like that, but I have had the hotspot on for a while and been using whatsapp a lot (on the phone and via my pc).

It does very much depend on what you're doing.

My Pixel 2 would have been on about 30% now if I'd been using it like I have today.

I didn't even bother bringing my battery bank when normally I'd have to charge it to get it through the day.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm a heavy user, so maybe that would explain why I've crappy SOT. :(

P30 Pro was better on battery and it also had a comparable 4000mah battery, I believe?

Associate
Have put in my claim for the headphones today (ordered on the 9th from CPW) so fingers crossed I get the conformation email in the next couple of days saying the claims been successful. Interested to see what they start selling for over the next days now they've started being delivered.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
What sort of thing are you using it for?
Everything; Music headphones or BT in the car, Casting to chromecast, Sat Nav, Phone etc.

I turned off 5G on it, next thing will be 90hz refresh rate, for the stuff I do on the phone there isn't a massive difference worth sacrificing the battery life over.

Soldato
Gotta say these promotions do wind me up. I presume they bank on people not bothering or forgetting to claim... Bugs we they cannot dump a few thousand at the Google warehouse and package them together. At least do a little bit for the planet and save probably a whole team of people validating claims.

Bundle and ship together. If you return the phone you need to return the headphones. End of.

Yeah I get the frustration, but I try to look at it like this.

Imagine you're trying to park in town to pop in and grab 1 thing from 1 shop, you see an empty "permits only" space, park in and and run into the shop. Then when you get out you see a ticket and are annoyed as its just a few moments parking and now you've got a £60 ticket.
. What you forget is that the reason the space was even an option was because others don't park there. If those rules weren't there, you'd never in a million years have a chance to park near town centre as everyone would be doing it before you and it becomes anarchy.

Now in a weird way I try to think if it the same with these headphones. It's annoying they way they have these rules how to claim something, but if they did it the other way, with phone being sent with the headphones, the offer probably wouldn't be there for us. They rely on people not claiming, and in fact so do we so that they will do these offers and we can take advantage of the fact we do claim. Hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom