Can't afford school meals for kids, but billions for homebuyers, sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
YABBTBH: Yet Another Boomer Bashing Thread By Haco :D

https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/896

Motion for free school meal for kids was defeated, we can't afford to feed our kids.

But

Stamp duty holiday for home buyers (cost £4b)? Sure.
Keep triple lock (costing £20 billion next year)? Sure.
Any other policy that benefits the rich and well-off generation? Sure.

And people wonder why there is intergenerational resentment in this country.

Soldato
OP
Why should the government be feeding people's kids??? You want to bring kids into the world, then you bloomin' well feed them not the taxpayer.

Yeah, of course. Children going hungry? Don't deserve help, up to the parents who brought them into the world. Who cares about kids? What kind of monster would want to feed kids in school?

However, people buying a £499k home do deserve a tax break, because life would be too difficult on them otherwise. Correct priorities for the government.

Soldato
Why should the government be feeding people's kids??? You want to bring kids into the world, then you bloomin' well feed them not the taxpayer.

This, people who can't afford kids shouldn't just keep breeding.

Every thread you raise OP is about how hard done by you are, I was brought up to work hard if I wanted nice things and you know what I have, why should I pay extra tax to pay for some slackers kids to get fed because they've spent their 'hard earned' JSA or UC on Sky TV, mobile phones and tablets

Man of Honour
I think many people would agree with your sentiment in part, but people are not universally in control of their income at all times and people are not always in control of their own family security. When a husband leaves a wife or vice versa it can be financially devastating.

I don't think you can apply your sentiment to reality and say it's fair. Unless fair is something like "better hope your parents don't suffer catastrophic misfortune".

Soldato
Yeah, of course. Children going hungry? Don't deserve help, up to the parents who brought them into the world. Who cares about kids? What kind of monster would want to feed kids in school?

However, people buying a £499k home do deserve a tax break, because life would be too difficult on them otherwise. Correct priorities for the government.

Wah Wah Wah, government not giving me everything for free. Me no want to work to pay for things. Government pay food for kids. Need free food. waa waa waa.

There is already a benefit system in place for those facing hardship,, the government already provide funding to raise children, those who most need support will receive it already. This free school meals nonsense will be going to those who may necessarily not need it and very likely won't be deserving of it. Responsibility to raise children MUST be on the parents, not the taxpayer.

Having children is a responsibility not a right.

Soldato

This. If you can't afford to have kids then keep your ******* legs closed. Perhaps if the government stopped rewarding council estate slags for squeezing out as many spawn as they can things might change.

Soldato
OP
This, people who can't afford kids shouldn't just keep breeding.

Every thread you raise OP is about how hard done by you are, I was brought up to work hard if I wanted nice things and you know what I have, why should I pay extra tax to pay for some slackers kids to get fed because they've spent their 'hard earned' JSA or UC on Sky TV, mobile phones and tablets

I'm personally incredibly privileged, my generation? Not so much. Kids (subject of this topic), even worse.

As for why tax money should go to benefit kids in education and child welfare in general, because good education is necessary for a country to remain competitive on the global stage. And because the government has a responsibility towards protecting children. Do you think children of irresponsible parents deserve to be hungry?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wah Wah Wah, government not giving me everything for free. Me no want to work to pay for things. Government pay food for kids. Need free food. waa waa waa.

There is already a benefit system in place for those facing hardship,, the government already provide funding to raise children, those who most need support will receive it already. This free school meals nonsense will be going to those who may necessarily not need it and very likely won't be deserving of it. Responsibility to raise children MUST be on the parents, not the taxpayer.

Having children is a responsibility not a right.

Yeah, the 2-16 year old kids have to work to eat. They don't deserve to just get fed for free. Do you hear yourself?

Feeding children doesn't take away parental responsibility, it just feeds the child so that they can perform better in school. You can't punish the child for the parent's irresponsibility. The child deserves a change to make a good life for themselves. Part of that is to eat in school so they can learn.

Associate
But the kids now exist. We should just ignore that? Or let them go hungry?

Simple answer to this, feed the kids to the kids..
Dont see why you cant just go into Tescos and buy a kid lasagne, i mean... they were selling horse not long ago, not a big jump from horsy to kiddy is it?

Associate
No kids deserve to be hungry, regardless of their parents' financial situation.

It's a pretty affordable way of improving the lives of people in this country. So the government won't do it.

Soldato
I'm personally incredibly privileged, my generation? Not so much. Kids (subject of this topic), even worse.

As for why tax money should go to benefit kids in education and child welfare in general, because good education is necessary for a country to remain competitive on the global stage. And because the government has a responsibility towards protecting children. Do you think children of irresponsible parents deserve to be hungry?

I think you'll find the government have already given the money it takes to feed and clothe children but the parents don't spend it on that and this is why you'll never get rid of people with hands out asking "please can I have some more", until they are forced to buy the essentials they'll continue to fritter it away on luxury items (yes I'm including tobacco and alcohol in that) and then hope someone will bail them out with schemes like free meals.

Until we have some sort of test to allow people to breed then kids will be born to lifes eternal spongers who will keep taking and taking until it's stopped being given to them. Unfortunately it's against someone's human rights to stop them breeding but nobody has thought of the human rights of the unborn child who will endure years of hardship because of the gravy train their parents choose to try and hop on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom