• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Sold my Xbox One X today on Gumtree so now back to rocking my Day One Xbox One.

Trying to sell that too, so next few weeks might be cloud gaming only.

But means with the funds from both and some MS Rewards vouchers, my Series X should only cost about £100

Soldato
How does this rewards thing work? I hear people say it's easy to amass points but is that if you sit on the consol all day?

I traded in some quests, no idea how I did them as was just playing game pass games on PC

Soldato
How does this rewards thing work? I hear people say it's easy to amass points but is that if you sit on the consol all day?

I get mine from the daily edge/mobile bing searches and pages to click on via my laptop. Sometimes I remember to turn in quests and check the rewards app on Xbox.

Soldato
I get mine from the daily edge/mobile bing searches and pages to click on via my laptop. Sometimes I remember to turn in quests and check the rewards app on Xbox.
Mobile bing?

Im so used to only using Chrome I honestly don't even check what am assuming is another browser?

Last none chrome browser I used was Firefox years ago ha

I tried edge at first when windows 10 launched but didn't like it

I'll have to do some research as I'm in right the rewards can lead to Xbox credit?

Soldato
I used to do the daily rewards on the website. But they aren't worth the time. If 5,580 points is £5, 30 points is worth pennies. Same goes for the 5 point quests in the Xbox app; they're a waste of time.

I just use Bing as my search engine now, and load the Xbox app whenever I remember so I can turn in Xbox quests.

Soldato
Mobile bing?

Im so used to only using Chrome I honestly don't even check what am assuming is another browser?

I'll have to do some research as I'm in right the rewards can lead to Xbox credit?

Swap your search engine from Google to Bing and you'll earn points when you search. Doesn't need you to change browsers.

Soldato
That doesn't work for Series S/X games.

You won't get the benefit of the faster loads with new games, but older games will run just fine from an external SSD, and keeps a bit more space free on main drive.

I would also store MP games on external SSD - because a round isn't going to start sooner for people who load faster...

Man of Honour
You won't get the benefit of the faster loads with new games, but older games will run just fine from an external SSD, and keeps a bit more space free on main drive.

I would also store MP games on external SSD - because a round isn't going to start sooner for people who load faster...

Not a single Series S/X game will even run from an external USB drive.

Old XBox One/360/1 games sure, but not Series S/X games as they will need to be on the internal drive or the proprietary Series S/X expansion drive.

Soldato
Not a single Series S/X game will even run from an external USB drive.

Old XBox One/360/1 games sure, but not Series S/X games as they will need to be on the internal drive or the proprietary Series S/X expansion drive.

Wasn't aware - thought would just mean slwoer load times.

Anyway, it still works for any non-series x optimised games - so unless they are strictly playing next gen optimised games, it will still free up space.

Associate
Wasn't aware - thought would just mean slwoer load times.

Anyway, it still works for any non-series x optimised games - so unless they are strictly playing next gen optimised games, it will still free up space.

With this in mind and MS's drive for the Smart Delivery system which means the Xbox will download the appropriate version of the game for the console you own - could you buy AC:Valhalla and install this to the external HDD but only have the current gen version and not the 'free' upgrade to next-gen version.

Surely there has to be a choice of which version you want to download?

Soldato
Storage capacity.

Ah of course, d'oh.
Not overly bothered by it personally as I don't play more than 3 games at a time, max. Sometimes I'd have more installed but I wont be actively playing them. I'm actually trying to get the kids to play more than just bloody minecraft and Roblox on their devices :D

Associate
My reasons for opting for a Series X over a PS5:

Better Backwards Compatibility

Compact Design

Game Pass

Larger SSD

More Powerful

Smart Delivery

Zenimax Acquisition

Soldato
Mobile bing?

I don't use Bing / Edge or use Bing mobile app either.

Python/Selenium is good for browser automation :)

it's www.microsoft.com/rewards

Back
Top Bottom