LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Yep - though for full colour range you'll need HDMI 2.1 from an Ampere card. 20 series has G-sync but limited to 4:2:0 colour I think it is, and 10 series and below also drop G-sync.
I assume this means it doesnt support gsync at 4k only? Like, if I hooked my 1070ti machine up to it and output at 1080p it'd still give me gsync?

Soldato
I assume this means it doesnt support gsync at 4k only? Like, if I hooked my 1070ti machine up to it and output at 1080p it'd still give me gsync?

No, the G-Sync compatible option will not show up no matter the resolution you choose with your GPU, unfortunately only Turing and newer get it. one of the big reasons want to move to 3xxx series from my 1080Ti hooked up to the OLED.

That said, have seen some videos of people doing work arounds, tweaking in nvidia inspector etc, but not tried it myself.

Caporegime
I see richer sounds are doing the 55cx5 model for around £1399 now. Cheaper than the 48” which I was hoping would drop in price. Was contemplating on getting one for my Xbox series x.

I’ll probably wait and see if the price drops in the near future. Otherwise my 55” c9 will be used for the time being.

Soldato
I see richer sounds are doing the 55cx5 model for around £1399 now. Cheaper than the 48” which I was hoping would drop in price. Was contemplating on getting one for my Xbox series x.

I’ll probably wait and see if the price drops in the near future. Otherwise my 55” c9 will be used for the time being.

Same as JL and you get a £100 gift voucher. hoping that offer is still there next week

Soldato
So what's the consensus, jump in at 1399 with the gift card or hang fire until Black Friday?

If buying from John Lewis, buy November 1st so that you are covered for a price match on Black Friday. Its only waiting like 10 days.

I am doing this method for a 77 inch LG GX i am getting.

Soldato
Finally joined the CX gang! We just moved into our first house and it was one of the first things we bought (priorities). Currently have it sat on the floor before we do a furniture run tomorrow and the Sky man installs us. Currently tethering it to my phone and been pretty impressed with both the picture quality on Netflix and the sound quality really surprised me. Still going to get the Sonos Arc when it's back in stock but for tv sound it's really good

Soldato
I decided rather than wait for the CX to get the BX considering it was 950 quid, it seems bloody bright to me! Picture quality is amazing, there is black flicker and random white artifacts when I watched a new Adam Sandler movie on Netflix, I have now updates the TV hopefully that will sort out the bugs

The telle works better with my amp as it has an option to directly pass through and let the amp decide, my Samsung TV couldn't do that, sound quality seems better now.

Associate
Got my CX arriving today, rather looking forward to it and, as a benefit, the old sony 50" LCD is now at home in the spare room/office so gives us some more flexibility

I decided rather than wait for the CX to get the BX considering it was 950 quid, it seems bloody bright to me!
Decent price! Where did you get that sort of a deal, cheapest I've seen it anywhere is £1099

Permabanned
I'm not sure I need a new TV as I have the high spec hisense uled from 2018. But I know people here have 5x budgets.

My concern is the negative press around image burn. I watch a lot of sports so image retention worries me to the point I might go for a qled.

Soldato
I'm not sure I need a new TV as I have the high spec hisense uled from 2018. But I know people here have 5x budgets.

My concern is the negative press around image burn. I watch a lot of sports so image retention worries me to the point I might go for a qled.

John lewis sell them with burn in protection policy if you pay a bit extra for the extra cover.

Soldato
Got my CX arriving today, rather looking forward to it and, as a benefit, the old sony 50" LCD is now at home in the spare room/office so gives us some more flexibility

Decent price! Where did you get that sort of a deal, cheapest I've seen it anywhere is £1099

A retailer gave me a %20 discount code for cancelling my RTX 3080 order due to over selling them.

Back
Top Bottom