Classic Car Owners

Soldato
I'm with Acme on the Stage X thing. It's fine in specific model circles, but on a generalist forum such as this one to use the terms without defining what they mean is unhelpful. :)

Soldato
Neither technically mine (one's the father in law's the other is my wife's) but I get to play with them!

1950 Allard J2
POS164a.JPG

1952 Allard J2X
IMG_4248.jpg

/edit Why don't my images work?

Lots of browsers are sods now, and block http stuff. I have to provide a link to the photo as well as an inserted image.

Associate
Nice, heres my old US Spec '67

35607664362_63bceac656_z.jpg

That got replaced by my '59 'lowlight' Karmann Ghia (aka The Zombie)

35389315060_cf0e2c61c3_c.jpg

34967166543_54b0c9d6be_c.jpg

More here if interested - https://www.flickr.com/gp/108738770@N03/m62ENp

That then got replaced by my '85 Audi ur quattro Turbo

35389225110_21c9df5efb_c.jpg

35389223410_39f01f5400_c.jpg

Which also later went for something a bit more modern however I do miss the Classic Life so am on the look out for another.
Love the Quattro. Very clean.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Those are the genuine BMW 15" BBS RZ in that picture yes.

But it has had various wheels. 14" stock bottletop alloys, the the BBS RZ, Melber basketweaves, Watanabe style wheels, more stock bottletops, and now staggered SSR Mesh replicas which are temporary until my BBS Mahle are finished.
Oooh good final choice! Any pics with the Watanabe's on?

I have a set of Style 21's (or 21M's I've never understood if there is a difference) for my e34, which I think are worth more than I paid for the car (with 2 set's of alloys) haha :) They're lovely and all, but I much prefer the drug dealer look :D

Soldato
Here's mine

TR3Apic1.jpg

1959 Triumph TR3A, restored about 30 years ago, unfortunately now not getting the use and sitting in a trailer as I need the garage. My Dad gave it to me so dont want to get rid and want to save it for my boy (only 6yo so a while yet) but it may have to go :(

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Finally sold her. Doubled my money and still got the spare set of 18" Alloys to sell, not too shabby.

Y6Ur0AQl.jpg

Bye bye Thirsty Whore, you will be missed x

I wonder what other cars you can pick up now that will double in a few years?

Edit: eyeing up some E39's.... manual, top engine sports should hold their appeal :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Looking for some help in regards to finding classic cars for sale, namely a C3 Corvette, is there any particular websites that I should be checking for said cars, does not seem much out there at the moment.

Soldato
Be extremely careful when buying a C3. Their structure is prone to corrosion and they can crack their frames – and such damage is often not obvious until it's too late.

I'd consider buying one from Adrian Dromey, Corvette Kingdom, Claremont Corvette or EMC Performance – unless you find a private car you're happy with, of course. :)

Check out Car & Classic, the auction listings and sites, PistonHeads and the Corvettes For Sale UK group on Facebook.

EMC's offerings, for example: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/user/ccts1673

OcUK Staff
Be extremely careful when buying a C3. Their structure is prone to corrosion and they can crack their frames – and such damage is often not obvious until it's too late.

I'd consider buying one from Adrian Dromey, Corvette Kingdom, Claremont Corvette or EMC Performance – unless you find a private car you're happy with, of course. :)

Check out Car & Classic, the auction listings and sites, PistonHeads and the Corvettes For Sale UK group on Facebook.

EMC's offerings, for example: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/user/ccts1673

Gavin at EMC has been helping me out with it all and he may have a car for me.
Also just been speaking to guy who got a 78 Pace Car from Gavin two years ago and is contemplating selling, so all this might have been in vain, I might have just got myself a 78 pace car. :D

Back
Top Bottom