• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm sure I'll own both over the next few years but I'm getting ps5 at launch largely for no reason other than I preferred the PS4 over the XB1.

To me neither really have anything very exciting in the way of launch titles though unfortunately. Demon's souls looks ok but not for £70!

I probably shouldn't rush out to buy it at launch really but it's Xmas, I have time off and there's not much else to do with lockdowns/etc! I'm the free to play stuff like Warzone will receive next gen updates relatively quickly anyway. Plus no doubt stuff like cyberpunk/Tsushima/LOU2 will benefit from smoother frame rates and quicker load times.

Soldato
And yet aren’t most of those PS4 exclusives “play once and never again “ going by the talk on here? Which console had the best version of nearly all multiplatform and service games?

The argument that Xbox has no games is as useless as the Tflops one. And don’t throw PC in as an excuse because not everyone wants/has one.
I will own both for what it's worth.

I'm getting Series S purely as game pass device with my PC upstairs.

PS5 for Sony exclusive, I would still arque Xbox has lack of killer games but gets by due to game pass.

People should just buy what there happy with, the whole consol wars thing is pointless

Soldato
Honesty the tf is such a pointless arguement, Xbox one X is more powerful than PS4 pro but it didn't have the exclusive games so didn't matter how much more power it had the games weren't there

That's a somewhat skewed argument in itself though. One X launched after a slew of studio closures and sell-offs. At the time, Xbox Game Studios consisted of 343, Turn 10, Rare, The Coalition, and Mojang. Given they're now at 23 studios, the past isn't likely to be much indication of the future.

Pet Northerner
Don
I will own both for what it's worth.

People should just buy what there happy with, the whole consol wars thing is pointless

Pretty much this.

My SO has always had Xbox so she's getting a nice upgrade on her release Xbox One and I've traded my ps4 pro for the ps5.

We've both got accounts on eachothers consoles and get to enjoy games from both catalogues.

If it were just me I'd probably have done what you did.

Soldato
And still 3 weeks and 6 days to wait! Boo!

At least the next 2 weeks should be nice with more info, units in the hands of media etc.

Yeah, I'm just glad I pre-ordered ready for the inevitable lockdown :D. Next 3 weeks will go super quick as well.

My Currys pre-order number was around 6,000 so I'm hoping I'll get it launch day, equally not fussed if I get it within that week. It appears I have way more patience than your average 3080 purchaser...

Associate
I sold my pro before lockdown in anticipation of the prices dropping when everyone tries selling theirs before PS5 launch.

On boomerang I have Crash 4, Starwars, Mafia, Kingdoms of Amalur, PGA2k21, Ghosts of Tsushima, FFVIIR, Last of Us Part 2 to play as well as all the new games due in November and beyond. I want to replay Horizon Zero Dawn as well. I am going to have a blast with PS5.

Back
Top Bottom