• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I wonder what the rules are on actual physical receipt of an incorrect product which is better than the one you ordered, do you have to return it if they ask, or can you keep it pending the replacement.
legally speaking, I think if they deliver and you have paid and don't mind the change, they have no grounds to force return.

Associate
I cancelled my order 2 weeks ago.

I feel a lot of you are living on false hope, and will be week and weeks, if not months until you get your cards.

The anger will also grow once the cards are easily purchased from other venders when OC are still getting silly low numbers on delivery.

I can't believe so many people are still wearing the rose tinted glasses on here.
You do you. I’ll do me. Sound good?

Associate
I know thats what his post said. But my point was the competition is doing far better with dealing with all stock issues. Oh btw planes don't take that long to get to the UK.

How do you know that the competition are dealing with stock issues far better when they are giving next to no information. You clearly know very little about international shipping if you think all it consists of is a flight to the UK! 8 - 10 days is the time quoted for air freight, 16 days for the train from China to London, and around 6 weeks for sea freight.

Associate
I know thats what his post said. But my point was the competition is doing far better with dealing with all stock issues. Oh btw planes don't take that long to get to the UK.

Doesn't matter what the competition is doing, if that's the date OC have been given for the shipment.

On you planes example, Apple who are probably the best in the industry for shipping take around 6 days from dispatch to arrival at customers house (not UK supplier) when they send from the far east. I am intelligent enough to understand how fast planes travel. The issue is that it won't be one plane direct from far east to OC. There will probably be 3 or 4 stop points where the products are unloaded and then re-loaded onto separate planes. My apple watch took 4 stops on route from the apple manufacturing plant to get to my house.

Associate
If shipments are still 'silly low numbers' then the cards will not be 'easily purchased' elsewhere, they will be the usual F5 lottery as each batch opens up at a random point in the day.

Some prefer to wait in a queue rather than hunting down stock on the net.

You made your choice and if it ever does become easy to find them elsewhere than others will make the same choice, meanwhile they can stay in the queue and see what happens, nothing lost.

It's definitely becoming easier to get cards (as long as you don't mind what brand you get). FE aside, things are coming in more and saying available for longer already.

Back
Top Bottom