Xbox elite controller worth it?

Associate
My 360 controller I sometimes use on pc has stopped syncing and therefore I need to upgrade... Is the Xbox one elite controller worth the cash over the standard controller?

Thoughts are no so far mainly as the cost is ridiculous.

Soldato
Cost, no blutooth support.

Standard controller is a nice upgrade from 360, the elite, whilst having a few bells and whistles, I can't see being worth it.

Soldato
As above the version two elite does have bluetooth and some revisions.

I have the Gen 1 Elite and a bunch of normal XB1X controllers. They are really nice controllers and feel much better in the hand with the additional texture and the clip on button is great. Additionally the triggers on the back do work well depending on the game you play. I will remap some keys to use those rather then normal mappings and it works great.

However they are all nice to haves more then anything and a normal Xbox 1 controller is just as great. I can see with the series X controller that some of the refinements are making there way down to the standard controller anyways (textured grip, Dpad etc).

Underboss
Love my gen2, very nice to hold, bluetooth works a charm and the interchangable sticks coupled with the buttom mapping has been really good for some of the games I play.

Soldato
The Elite controller is one of those things that you struggle to justify buying because of the price but when you do get one you struggle to understand how you survived without one! I love my original one as it feels just right in the hands. I paid about £100 for it though which I think was enough.

Associate
They are worth every penny IMO. Great controllers, I will be getting series 2 BF hopefully.

They feel premium unlike the Nacon ones for PS, like holding a loaf of bread.

Associate
I read a lot about quality control issues with them, so never bothered. £100 i'd like it to last 10yrs minimum. The 360 one is the best feeling for me. The Xb1 triggers and bumpers are strangely positioned and feel less robust.

I also bought joy2key to remap. I now have iirc, 32 buttons on the controller. I've only use 24 right now though.

Back
Top Bottom