• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can you hear it? Can you feel it? he cometh....

AMD-Radeon-RX-6000-Series-Graphics-Cards_Big-Navi_4K-Gaming-Performance_3.png

Associate
think ill still go for the 3080 i want that RT

So uhh thanks for this pointless post, were all happy and glad for you.

You can see its a slow leak day by the amount of utter drivel being spouted in this thread today, and the countless other numpties adding nothing to the thread with their drivel.

Hurry up Wednesday so we atleast get an idea of price, availability and potentially performance

TrM

TrM

Associate
I prefer this look to Ampere, which looks like a cheesegrater designed by Apple.

i think it would better in more nutral colours though i get amd and red but having red on the card would stick out in mysetup but i do like the overall design

Soldato
I prefer this look to Ampere, which looks like a cheesegrater designed by Apple.
Looks are always personal tbh... one mans ginge is another mans blonde... however, tough one. I really love the look of the Founders Editions of the 3080/3090, have to admit, very original. However, as usual the AIB's of the 3080/3090 are generally ugly tbh. So the look of the new 6000 series with the 3 fans does look very pretty and not over the top... in a word classy... as long as it cools (which I don't care as I'll be water coolinig it anyway)... but for the masses, that has to cool as it's going to generate some heat I'd imagine... yeah I like the looks think it's a handsome beast!

Soldato
5 to 20% faster than the 3080 in rasterisation, Firestrike does favour AMD, Timespy Nvidia, so put it in the middle, +10%. And 20% slower in RT. Even if that's the top SKU, which apparently it isn't, i'd be happy with that, Nvidia would claim 20% better RT, good for you, shut up Nvidia.
After they admitted to favoring nvidia's approach of asynchronous compute I stop using it and got a refund for 3dmark. I wasn't alone. But that was before they became UL

Associate
Is port royal raytracing optimised for nvidia, meaning AMD's raytracing performance could be a lot better in actual games when they are using a ray tracing method that is better optimised for AMD.

Man of Honour
Is port royal raytracing optimised for nvidia, meaning AMD's raytracing performance could be a lot better in actual games when they are using a ray tracing method that is better optimised for AMD.

It uses DXR so that is a bit of an unknown - but nVidia hardware will have been the only thing it was developed against to this point.

Caporegime
i think it would better in more nutral colours though i get amd and red but having red on the card would stick out in mysetup but i do like the overall design

Yeah agreed, if you're still listing AMD why not just make the red strip addressable RGB, don't put any red plastic on it at all, just the subtle strip around the top edge and make it RGB, add an option in the drivers to change the colour or turn it off.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Lol that was a mouthful to say. But yeah, one of them biased benches. Remember when intel did that for years whereby the AMD instructions were never going to be able to match the rigged race.

Associate
And until then AMD have RIS and the Dev-implemented FidelityFX (so same deal as DLSS then - might as well not exist). I wonder if there's a version 2 coming alongside Big Ass Doggy Dog Tip Top Navi Daddy (that's the new name, right?)

Do I get a second?

Seconded. I've been referring to this card as Big Dick Navi for quite some time now, so naturally I'm very happy to go with Big Ass Doggy Dog Tip Top Navi Daddy or BADDTTND for short (I feel like it could use a 69 and something like xXx in there - maybe). If this turns out not to be the official name, I may just buy one of the new £700 3070s out of spite.

Associate
It uses DXR so that is a bit of an unknown - but nVidia hardware will have been the only thing it was developed against to this point.

Lol that was a mouthful to say. But yeah, one of them biased benches. Remember when intel did that for years whereby the AMD instructions were never going to be able to match the rigged race.

Will be interesting to see what AMD use to benchmark it during the announcement show if that's the case.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Lol, you really think these cards aren't going to suffer from the exact same supply side issues as team green?

Well for a start, its only feeding 20% out there who buy graphics cards, out of which only 1% will buy the cards in this range (£450-1000). The difference is 4* the people were jumping onto the Jensen biscuits, and then you can apply the 'but drivers.. but RTX.. but DLSS' and going by this logic, nobody will want an AMD card as its a paperweight right?

So that does me wonders as Im the only one out of 300 people that will place an order.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom