SSC Tuatara hits 331mph (or not)

Caporegime
It looks very much like it was faked. A couple of other people have suggested the same.

For those who can't stand Schmee (like myself...) a couple of people who watched the video and work in the industry gave a quick summary:

"He uses distance and time calculations to prove that the tuatara could only be doing 280ish, not 331. Using both road markers and medians on the highway. He lined up the konigsegg video against tuatara, and also used gear ratio math to prove that again, they could only have been doing 280ish. He also brings up a lot of weird coincidences, such as the speedo being blurred in the video but a digital one is shown for you

With the agera rs top speed run superimposed over the tuatara run, at the point at which the tuatara claims to be at a delta of 40mph faster, it reaches the next reference point later than the agera rs."

SSC also claimed a Guinness World Records representative was present, when they weren't.

Last edited:
Soldato
I could have sworn it didn't look as fast as everyone was making out, but I thought it was just to the poor camera work. It's almost as if they were intentionally trying to obfuscate how fast it looked...hence the footage take up almost entirely by a speed reading. Now I know why.

Soldato
The only thing I thought looked odd when watching it is the road markings, I thought they may blend into one solid line at 330 but it was just an guess.

If it does turn out to be fake that’s surely a total farce!

Man of Honour
Misha getting in on it

Whatever way you throw it even if they did get the speed claimed they've gone about this all wrong.

Soldato
OP
Ah well...

Funnily enough, the Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut has a theoretical top speed of 331mph. It's probably fair to say we can trust them to be honest about it when they do their run.

Man of Honour
There is one bit in the video you can see the dash despite being blurred only goes up by a max 9 MPH (more like 7) while the overlay goes up by more than 15 MPH.

Don
Ah well...

Funnily enough, the Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut has a theoretical top speed of 331mph. It's probably fair to say we can trust them to be honest about it when they do their run.

Oh very definitely, or at least they made their lie infinitely more plausible :p :p

But seriously I wouldn't ever question Christian, his dedication to all things fast(est) is quite frankly amazing

Back
Top Bottom