Recommend me Qled Samsung tv

Associate
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to my new home, I'm looking to get a new tv but I'm kind of helpless with technology and I went to currys and looked at some sites but I got confused with what is right for me.

I live in a small flat, so the living space is quite small so I'm not sure whether to get a 55 inch or 65 inch tv. The living room has a lot of natural light so I think my only option is QLED tv. My original spending price was max £1000 but I'm willing to spend slightly more to get a decent tv. Everyone I talk to thinks I'm crazy to think about buying 65 inch tv and spending that much money on it.

I would appreciate any support on this.

Thank you
Yasmin

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to my new home, I'm looking to get a new tv but I'm kind of helpless with technology and I went to currys and looked at some sites but I got confused with what is right for me.

I live in a small flat, so the living space is quite small so I'm not sure whether to get a 55 inch or 65 inch tv. The living room has a lot of natural light so I think my only option is QLED tv. My original spending price was max £1000 but I'm willing to spend slightly more to get a decent tv. Everyone I talk to thinks I'm crazy to think about buying 65 inch tv and spending that much money on it.

I would appreciate any support on this.

Thank you
Yasmin

I don't live in a small flat at all, in fact a quite large house with a 65inch Oled. But last weekend i went to to my nephews flat for one of our usual boozy F1 weekends. It was the first time i had been to his flat and it shocked me how tiny it was. If yours is similar..............one bedroom, a bathroom, a lounge with the kitchen at the back.............then it will be tiny. In all honesty, even a 55inch might be to big and defo too small for a 65inch.

Associate
OP
Depending on how much light and what control you have over it it's down to Samsung Q80T (better anti-reflection coating) versus Sony XG95 (just a much better TV overall especially the picture quality). Unless the sunlight shines straight unto the TV get the Sony (also £100 cheaper to boot). Comparison here:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x950g-vs-samsung-q80t/764/1819
Hi Thank you for this. I'm wondering how the samsung Q80t compares to samsung 2019 65" Q90R.

Soldato
Hi Thank you for this. I'm wondering how the samsung Q80t compares to samsung 2019 65" Q90R.
Q90R is better in almost every way, and certainly for picture quality. The advantage for Q80T is that it has proper HDMI 2.1 for 4K 120hz HDR gaming while the Q90R can do 4K 120hz but with reduced chroma (4:2:0) and no hdr or other features. If you don't game then it's irrelevant.

As for BF who knows, it's been a mad year!

Man of Honour
Also is it worth waiting for black friday, I'm concerned they will run out of stock.

I'm not convinced that BF is always such a good deal. Historical price trackers such as CamelCamelCamel show how prices are manipulated to make the discounts appear bigger than they really are.

Philips 50PUS7304 RRP £999 BF price £439. However, it was the same price in mid-September. A week prior to BF the price spiked to £779. A month later (just after Christmas day) the price was down to £429

LG OLED55B9 – BF price £1099. Late Oct - £1179. For the two weeks before BF - £1299. Two weeks after BF it dropped to £1079

Sony OLED KD65AG8 – BF price £1999, but in the 6 weeks prior to BF a high of £2499 and a low of £1999. Two weeks after BF £1949 and by mid Jan 2020 £1749

The best real deals are on unpopular or over-priced stock that isn't moving. Stuff that's already in demand generally won't see big price drops unless the manufacturers are reacting to some new pricing from competitors.

I think for this year all bets are off though. COVID has disrupted production and shipping. The economic uncertainty about Brexit combined with the disruption of COVID has got to have a lot of product managers worried about their TV sales forecasts. If I were in their shoes I would be concerned about the credit risk with smaller retailers/e-tailers.

Caporegime

Q80T is similar spec to the 2019 Q70R, there isn't a 4K Q90R equivalent in 2020 but the top end 2020 Q90/95T appear to be much better for gaming, they have optimisations as well as HDMI 2.1. There's a video doing the rounds comparing Q90R and Q95T and the Q90R seems to have a lot more issues in gaming mode, it's like they've gimped the local dimming to improve latency. Q90R is undoubtedly better for films though.

Man of Honour
Use rtings to compare them.

Rtings literally has everything you need to choose a tv

Yes, that looks useful.

The Q70T is in stock at 55inch and seems to have vrr...

Edit: no wonder the Q80T has sold out being the same price at 55’ and also 120hz at 4K. I may have found one in stock :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't live in a small flat at all, in fact a quite large house with a 65inch Oled. But last weekend i went to to my nephews flat for one of our usual boozy F1 weekends. It was the first time i had been to his flat and it shocked me how tiny it was. If yours is similar..............one bedroom, a bathroom, a lounge with the kitchen at the back.............then it will be tiny. In all honesty, even a 55inch might be to big and defo too small for a 65inch.

Rubbish. Anyone can have any size of TV they see fit.

I know people who have plenty of money yet have a 43 inch and I know others who will buy the biggest they can afford regardless of the size of the room.

It's a personal preference with no right or wrong.

Personally I advocate buying the biggest TV that will fit in the room.

Bigger TV just means better experience. Cinemas don't have tiny screens for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom