Insurers who ask for accidents in the last 3 years?

Soldato
Wow was that 3 years ago, i remember following your story. Still can't believe that guy managed to get a claim, what a cretin.

Soldato
I used to try one or 2 insurers directly as well as the comparison sites but they were always dearer, I dont bother now. The comparison quotes will load if rating 5 years history and won't if they rate 3 years anyway.

When I was at the 3 year point after hitting a cyclist I used to run the same quote through with and without the accident, and I wouldn't insure with a company that loaded for it.

Accident was my fault but no claim made, I settled privately.

Man of Honour
Had no problems so far with Admiral - service has been good when I've needed to call them to adjust policy or day cover, etc. the only issue seems to be they've randomly jacked up price by like 3-4x for friends/family and won't/can't bring it down much forcing people to go elsewhere eventually - hoping that doesn't happen to me with the renewal coming soon.

Caporegime
OP
does your premium go up then OP ?

i had an accident 2016, so still within 5 years, premium made no difference at all

maybe because i have over 10 years NCB and no other accidents, convictions etc ?

I have 13 years no claims bonus because it was protected/guaranteed but I'm guessing declaring a 'at fault' claim that cost £20,000 is having some affect on my insurance

For instance, why does my E200 Estate cost £700+ per year? (Admittedly I do have business use on there)

Caporegime
AXA also only ask for 3 years for accidents/claims.

They have also incidentally been the cheapest quote (with the exception of companies I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole, or those that insisted on a “black box”) for me for the last 3 years.

My S3 was costing me £450~ a year, and my 440i is a little more at around £500.

Caporegime
OP
AXA also only ask for 3 years for accidents/claims.

They have also incidentally been the cheapest quote (with the exception of companies I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole, or those that insisted on a “black box”) for me for the last 3 years.

My S3 was costing me £450~ a year, and my 440i is a little more at around £500.

Just tried them and had this bizarre response:

Quote declined
Unfortunately the details you have entered mean we cannot provide you with cover. If you would like to review your details to ensure that they are correct, please select 'Back'

Caporegime
OP
Now Admiral (my own insurer) are saying I need to call them

I've gotten about 10 different quotes for various cars in the past few days (currently deciding what to get) - Is this an issue?

Permabanned
Now Admiral (my own insurer) are saying I need to call them

I've gotten about 10 different quotes for various cars in the past few days (currently deciding what to get) - Is this an issue?

I'm not sure why it would be an issue unless it refers or triggers something on their system.

After 3 years we pay no attention to accidents. They'll be in the background somewhere but it wouldn't affect the policy.

Soldato
I know there's a lot of cross referencing quotes nowadays.

I did some quotes with and without an sp30 a few years ago as I was worried I'd been caught speeding but nothing came of it.

I then got an email from my insurer asking to send a licence check and confirm I'd not had any motoring convictions as they had reason to believe I may have.

Man of Honour

Admiral are useless. Someone ran into the back of me, no fault, all taken care of. 7 years, yes, 7 years later Admiral write to me to say ‘sorry, you’ve been overpaying while with us as we incorrectly took all your NCB away (no one had stated this), here’s upwards of £1000 refund’. Fortunately I was no longer using these jokers anymore, nor will I again.

Back
Top Bottom