Nvidia shield pro or hang out for series x

Associate
Hi all

As the above thread ,im looking for a nice streamer ,most point to the newest shield being the go to ,im just wondering will the series x be a dab hand for streaming ,or not going to be in the same league as the shield .

Thank you

Soldato
I regret getting my Shield, so annoying that's it's missing some of the apps.
If I made the choice again it would be an FireTV Cube.

Soldato
I do miss All 4 but then realised casting from IPhone or Android app works perfectly

Casting is annoying though and no way a substitute for a dedicated app, I have tried casting for a few programs and I've never had an issue free experience.

Such a shame because it is hardware wise excellent. I was originally going for the pro to use as a Plex server but my NAS handles that better so only got the normal Shield.

Soldato
Casting is annoying though and no way a substitute for a dedicated app, I have tried casting for a few programs and I've never had an issue free experience.

Such a shame because it is hardware wise excellent. I was originally going for the pro to use as a Plex server but my NAS handles that better so only got the normal Shield.

I certainly used to think the same but the shield solved all my casting issues. Same, tried pms but it wasn't too reliable, moved to a nas

Associate
My experience is this. Plex on the Xbox one s is flaky, streams get stuck if I fast forward too quickly. Streams get stuck/won’t play if I am an hour in and try to resume.

plex on the shield pro - no issues at all fast forward, resume, doesn’t matter. It works perfectly.

Though I need to look into the alternative App Store to get 4od. Though my wife just casts to the shield and that also works perfectly.

Soldato
My original Launch day shield tv is still going strong. All though it now sits in the office on top of my NAS and only used as a Plex server. it’s been pretty much flawless since day one. I recently replaced it with Vero 4K+ in the living room. Whilst Kodi playback is better quality than the shield. It don’t do any of the other things the shield could do.

Soldato
Use downloader

https://apkpure.com/all-4/com.channel4.ondemand

That works,
Just tested it again now.. A bit finicky getting it all installed but once it’s done it works, and it seems to do HD too ..

It’s the mobile app, but once you press play its full screen
What's downloader can't find it, found it but just goes on about getting the browser plugin, bit following the instructions doesn't work.

Goes on about to use the browser install the plugin, enter the link it gives and it just says the same thing.

Tried puffin browser and it just says downloads not supported on this device.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's downloader can't find it, found it but just goes on about getting the browser plugin, bit following the instructions doesn't work.

Goes on about to use the browser install the plugin, enter the link it gives and it just says the same thing.

Tried puffin browser and it just says downloads not supported on this device.

Google ‘side loading apps on nvidia shield’ and you will get all the info you need.

Soldato
Google ‘side loading apps on nvidia shield’ and you will get all the info you need.
I eventually did get it going, not a simple affair. But it's terrible the mobile touchscreen based UI does not work very well at all.
I'm amazed no one has some how got hold of the APK from the firetv sticks and put it online.

Back
Top Bottom