Google Pixel 5

Soldato
My headphones are coming today, but via DHL, who have claimed to leave things in my 'safe location' before, when in reality they've not been anywhere near my front door. There's no Saturday delivery option (I still don't really get this with delivery companies) and I'm not sure I want to bother my neighbours again after other deliveries this week. I think the collection point is 11 miles away and there's no option to delivery to a local shop/pick up point. :(

No hurry I guess, I'll wait and see what happens.

Soldato
My headphones are coming today, but via DHL, who have claimed to leave things in my 'safe location' before, when in reality they've not been anywhere near my front door. There's no Saturday delivery option (I still don't really get this with delivery companies) and I'm not sure I want to bother my neighbours again after other deliveries this week. I think the collection point is 11 miles away and there's no option to delivery to a local shop/pick up point. :(

No hurry I guess, I'll wait and see what happens.

Out of interest, I presume you got a shipping confirmation email? My claim was validated on 18 October but not heard anything since - grant I appreciate it may take up to 60 odd days.

Associate
Touch wood I seem to have sorted my battery drain issues.

I changed the preferred network from 5g to 4g and now ive gone from roughly 5% an hour to 1% an hour as of today

Hopefully it holds up but wanted to report back incase anyone else had these issues

Associate
Have put in my claim for the headphones today (ordered on the 9th from CPW) so fingers crossed I get the conformation email in the next couple of days saying the claims been successful. Interested to see what they start selling for over the next days now they've started being delivered.

Received my text conformation half an hour ago that my claim has been approved :) I'm unsure how my claim was approved in less than 24hrs whilst some of you guys have been waiting much longer, but not complaining

Soldato
Out of interest, I presume you got a shipping confirmation email? My claim was validated on 18 October but not heard anything since - grant I appreciate it may take up to 60 odd days.
I received phone Wed last week and submitted my claim same day. I got confirmation text and email on the same day. Then Wed this week for text and email saying headphones were dispatched and they arrived yesterday.

Soldato
Out of interest, I presume you got a shipping confirmation email?

I actually don't remember... but, I think I did. Yes, I got a text to with tracking info.

I changed the preferred network from 5g to 4g and now ive gone from roughly 5% an hour to 1% an hour as of today

I looked for this option, but couldn't see it. How do you turn off 5G? I'd probably rather use it selectively. I think I get comparatively bad battery to what everyone else is :(

Can anyone tell me if the screen is much brighter than the 4XL ? Thanks

I can tell you it's brighter than my 4... but I don't know about the XL, sorry.

Associate
Anyone having notifications at the top they can't dismiss? I get some such as banking it's telling me you can now make contactless payments but when I swipe right it gives settings options but won't dismiss. Rather annoying.

Also on my old phone if I had notifications for Facebook and went direct to Facebook and read them they would dismiss off my notifications screen yet on my pixel they hang and I actually have to click them or dismiss them

Soldato
I looked for this option, but couldn't see it. How do you turn off 5G? .

I was looking for this also as I don't have 5G anywhere near me. Can't seam to locate it, It was under networks before on the Pixel 2 anyway.

Anyone having notifications at the top they can't dismiss?

Yes, I'm seeing that a few times a day. Must just be a bug.
I'm also seeing it showing no signal when my phone is in aeroplane mode.

Soldato
I have an option in preferred network type for 5g which is on.

I noticed that I was getting it for the first time at London Bridge station earlier, was streaming a Youtube video in 1080p without trouble.

Back
Top Bottom