*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
Hi guys I love all these posts regarding cases,
So I am going to start my next big upgrade and just asking what are the white covers that go around the black cables so that they look like they are actually white cables (sorry not explained easily).

As I am building in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL white case and I am trying to cover the black cables to look like white.

Soldato
Hi guys I love all these posts regarding cases,
So I am going to start my next big upgrade and just asking what are the white covers that go around the black cables so that they look like they are actually white cables (sorry not explained easily).

As I am building in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL white case and I am trying to cover the black cables to look like white.

If you meant the motherboard, cpu, gpu power cables, they are either extension cables (cheapest option) or complete cables as a kit specific to the PSU. easiest and cheapest option is below

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £30.38 (includes shipping: £7.39)​

Associate
If you meant the motherboard, cpu, gpu power cables, they are either extension cables (cheapest option) or complete cables as a kit specific to the PSU. easiest and cheapest option is below

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £30.38 (includes shipping: £7.39)

Thankyou for your reply.
So are these only for certain inputs and not all inputs ie (SATA leads etc)
Basically what I’m trying to say is are these to replace all leads or just some, so other leads would still be black ?

Soldato
Thankyou for your reply.
Basically what I’m trying to say is are these to replace all leads or just some, so other leads would still be black ?

have a look at the below but remember you still have all the original length of cables to hide in the case somewhere. As mentioned before the other option is to fully replace the cables if you have a modular PSU, but the kit has to match the PSU
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/silv...alue-bundle-white-bu-014-sv.html#configurable

Soldato
Thankyou for your reply.

For cables coming from the power supply, you either need extensions, or (if you have a modular PSU) you can replace the entire cable with ones that are compatible with your PSU. This is because different PSUs are wired up differently. The third option is to sleeve cables yourself.

For fixed cables like front IO and fan/RGB cables, you either need extensions, or you need to sleeve the cables yourself.

For peripheral cables like SATA, you can just replace the entire cable with any corresponding sleeved cable. Not really worth the hassle of sleeving these yourself unless you're a sadist and enjoy sleeving cables ;) They're fairly inexpensive.

Associate
For cables coming from the power supply, you either need extensions, or (if you have a modular PSU) you can replace the entire cable with ones that are compatible with your PSU. This is because different PSUs are wired up differently. The third option is to sleeve cables yourself.

For fixed cables like front IO and fan/RGB cables, you either need extensions, or you need to sleeve the cables yourself.

For peripheral cables like SATA, you can just replace the entire cable with any corresponding sleeved cable. Not really worth the hassle of sleeving these yourself unless you're a sadist and enjoy sleeving cables ;) They're fairly inexpensive.

great info Thankyou
So is sleeving the cables a lot of money ?
Just want white cables to cover black original cables

Soldato
IMG_3351_small.JPG

Unhappy with the solid front on my Define S, I cut out all but an inch around the outside and then used some mesh to cover the whole front. Smaller pieces are inside around the sides and bottom. While thing took maybe an hour and looks much better and cools better.

Soldato
Just finished my new build - coming from a old 2600k set up:

YlaUTTM.jpg

Specs:

Case - Phanteks P600S
CPU - AMD 3900x
Cooling - NZXT Kraken 240mm
Mobo - Asus B550 F
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 32GB
GPU - GTX 1070 (Pending an RTX3080...)
Storage - 500GB Corsair MP600 PCI 4 M.2 + 2 x 1TB SSD's
Screens - 27' Asus ROG 144Hz & older Samsung 24'

Rather happy with it so far. Glad I got the B550 for compatibility with the new AMD chips when ever I fancy that upgrade. Now it's just a waiting game for Nvidia to get a grip!

Last edited:
Associate

Specs:

Case - Phanteks P500A DRGB (white)
CPU - Intel I7 6700K
CPU AIO - NZXT X73
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Quad Channel Kit - Red
PSU - Corsair AX1200I
GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X (waiting on Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC. Queue Position 216...)
GPU Anti-sag bracket - UpHere ARGB (spray painted white)
Storage - Samsung 840EVO SSD 250GB / Samsung 850EVO SSD 250GB / Samsung 850EVO SSD 500GB

Just finished spray painting the cable hiding covers and I'm really happy the way my build is currently looking. Waiting on the above mentioned GPU but I'll be upgrading to a Zen 3 build when funds permit. Hoping to get a decent X570 mobo to fit my build colour scheme and some nice white/silver looking RAM (have no interest in RGB RAM).

What do you guys think of her atm?

Soldato

Specs:

Case - Phanteks P500A DRGB (white)
CPU - Intel I7 6700K
CPU AIO - NZXT X73
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Quad Channel Kit - Red
PSU - Corsair AX1200I
GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X (waiting on Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC. Queue Position 216...)
GPU Anti-sag bracket - UpHere ARGB (spray painted white)
Storage - Samsung 840EVO SSD 250GB / Samsung 850EVO SSD 250GB / Samsung 850EVO SSD 500GB

Just finished spray painting the cable hiding covers and I'm really happy the way my build is currently looking. Waiting on the above mentioned GPU but I'll be upgrading to a Zen 3 build when funds permit. Hoping to get a decent X570 mobo to fit my build colour scheme and some nice white/silver looking RAM (have no interest in RGB RAM).

What do you guys think of her atm?
Love this! Reminds me of that movie Robot Jox! If you remember that movie then you are old haha :D

Associate
Cheers guys. :)

Yeah I love the look of the Gigabyte board, just a pity that when I upgrade to Zen 3 I'm going to have to lose the white/red/silver accent on the motherboard when I swap out the board. Def want to stick to a white board but I know my options are fairly limited on B550/X570 compared to Intel's offerings :(

Back
Top Bottom