SSL certificate

Soldato
I need a SSL certificate for my website which is hosted with TSOhost. They do one for £40 a year but Ive seen on here that there are other paid options which are cheaper and also Lets Encrypt which I believe is free?

What do other people use?

Soldato
Just use Let's Encrypt. It is free and is just as good as any of the paid options unless you need Extended Validation or Organisation Validated certificates which it sounds like you don't.

Soldato
Depends which hosting package you're on with TSO. I don't think they all support 3rd party certificates. Most cPanel hosting supports it so if you're on that you should be fine (but I've not used the TSO version so not 100% sure)

edit: sorry, I reread the thread after I posted that and I had missed the part of @visibleman post where he addressed this. LetsEncrypt sounds like the best option then.

Soldato
OP
@Mark M did you manage to do this in the end then? :)

I couldnt work out how to use Lets Encrypt with my package on TSOhost. I read a few things about the way they/GoDaddy configure the Cpanel so that you cant use Lets Encypt without a bit of faffing around so in the end I bought one from SSLs.com as I was panicking as I was getting a "this site is not secure" warning so wanted to get it sorted ASAP.

Permabanned
I couldnt work out how to use Lets Encrypt with my package on TSOhost. I read a few things about the way they/GoDaddy configure the Cpanel so that you cant use Lets Encypt without a bit of faffing around so in the end I bought one from SSLs.com as I was panicking as I was getting a "this site is not secure" warning so wanted to get it sorted ASAP.

but is it sorted though? :D

Soldato
I couldnt work out how to use Lets Encrypt with my package on TSOhost.

As mentioned, TSOHost don't always expose the AutoSSL/Let's Encrypt module for their cPanel hosts so you have to send them a support ticket to get it setup and added. I have the same issue on a few VPS hosts i have with them.

They've built Let's Encrypt into their cloud control panel though but it's a bit "special" to use if you're used to cPanel.

Associate
I also use TSOhost. I contacted Support TSO and they helped to connect the SSL-certificate from Lets Encypt.

Back
Top Bottom