What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Are you serioulsy saying that Im the only one that complains about racism in GD? Are you for ******* real????

Fix up yourself NVP. I appreciate that these guys have been your 'friends' for probably many years but open your eyes man.

You do seem to quite frequently just waffle on about apparent "racism" while failing to highlight where the supposed racism is - it's not an unreasonable question to ask for you to actually highlight it when you make the claim, most of the time you seem to struggle to back up/substantiate your claims. It might be that you conflate people disagreeing with a position etc.. as racism etc..

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Are you serioulsy saying that Im the only one that complains about racism in GD? Are you for ******* real????
How did you get that from what I wrote? :confused: It is quite the narcissistic response.

Fix up yourself NVP. I appreciate that these guys have been your 'friends' for probably many years but open your eyes man.
Could you explain what I need to fix within myself please?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Do you constantly see Pakistanis or Indians complaining of racial injustice on TV?

Even if we take the general south asian subcontinent and simply include all brown asians and not only followers of Islam, do you constantly see them whining on TV?

Or are you using this tangent in the thread to take a small dig at something you're not fond of?

Or perhaps you're simply a comedian, in which case carry on but try to improve your jokes from shock humour to something with slightly more class requiring more thought.

Last edited:
Soldato
You'll notice that many of the equality/diversity quotas only offer preferential treatment to non-whites. So eastern European, etc migrants don't benefit despite the fact that many of them are likely to be in poor socio-economic circumstances and face equal levels of discrimination.

But yet "anti-racism" policies seem entirely focused on skin colour and ignore whether you're a migrant or your economic circumstances. In my opinion it's simply about certain ethnic groups trying to gain preferential treatment and positive discrimination.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You'll notice that many of the equality/diversity quotas only offer preferential treatment to non-whites. So eastern European, etc migrants don't benefit despite the fact that many of them are likely to be in poor socio-economic circumstances and face equal levels of discrimination.

But yet "anti-racism" policies seem entirely focused on skin colour and ignore whether you're a migrant or your economic circumstances. In my opinion it's simply about certain ethnic groups trying to gain preferential treatment and positive discrimination.
It is ridiculous isn't it. Could it stem from the American guilt-ridden affirmative action malarkey way back when - forward to today where Western media is noticeably US centric in terms of influence... perhaps how it seeped into modern western society and focused more on the obvious visual difference?

Soldato
It is ridiculous isn't it. Could it stem from the American guilt-ridden affirmative action malarkey way back when - forward to today where Western media is noticeably US centric in terms of influence... perhaps how it seeped into modern western society and focused more on the obvious visual difference?

That's been my theory and in the recent speech by Kemi Badenoch regarding white privilege she raised exactly that point.

Basically that much of our anti-racism groups and policies (including black history month) seem to have been imported directly from the US. Even though much of it has very little equivalence in UK culture. I actually feel the implementation of US designed policies/history/theories damaging for the structure and stability of the UK society where things are very different as is British history.

For example saying "Black History is American history" is a perfectly valid statement in the context of the , relatively short, history of the USA as a country. Given the impact the slavery trade clearly had on the USA as a nation.

The phrase I've seen used frequently by some groups "Black history is English/British/Welsh" history is largely a meaningless one wholesale borrowed from USA literature. It'd be like saying that "White history is Japanese history" or "Asian history is Norwegian history"! It's nonsensical!

The history of people derives from their ethnicity/culture/nationalities/etc.

I honestly think it's unhealthy and counter productive the way we're attributing so many policies and attributes purely to a person's skin colour. We need to start focusing on what people do, how they act and start ignoring the colour of their skin.

That's the only way we can put an end to racism. Using the phrase "White Privilege" is in itself part of the problem. It only serves to divide us further.

I'm aware I'll be called a racist for being negative about Black History Month. Whilst I can see the benefit and relevance of it in the USA I just feel the adoption of it as a concept elsewhere doesn't have context and is counterproductive if preventing racism is the goal.

I think the fear of being seen as racist is what's resulted in this well intentioned if ultimately misguided policy. Someone in a board meeting for a company/council/etc suggests celebrating black history month and for fear of being seen as racist everyone just quietly goes along with it!

Hence you end up with councils making glib statements like "Scotland's History is Black History". Or monopolistic supermarkets looking to appear virtuous suddenly rushing to support Marxist anti-capitalist BLM movements!

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you constantly see Pakistanis or Indians complaining of racial injustice on TV?

Even if we take the general south asian subcontinent and simply include all brown asians and not only followers of Islam, do you constantly see them whining on TV?

It's easy to see the correlation between people and cultures that don't moan about racial injustices and those that typically have a culture to work hard and to better themselves through hard work and education. Yes my experiences of the Chinese and Indian (and Islamic) cultures may be anecdotal, but it comes up everywhere I go in an ever-repeating fashion. Generally speaking, Asian cultures that don't follow a certain faith tend to ignore the hate, get one with it, and end up socially and financially better off than the knuckle dragging racists.

Soldato
There will be Islam history month soon. Mark my words. Get ready guys.

How many different "history" months do you think we'll end up with before everyone decides it's a daft idea and we should just have British history month to avoid creating divisions in society!

There are only 12 months in the calendar so soon groups will have to either learn to share or start fighting over ownership of them :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom