***The Official Crisp Thread***

Soldato
OP
Some more of my favourite crispy snacks which were purchased today. According to my brothers official review, the Doritos are banging but the Pom-bears are gay

kn85WjOl.jpg
Ooh. Gonna have to give those flamin hot tangy cheese a go sometime!

another shout out for prawn cocktail Pringles. Wish they’d bring back prawn cocktail wotsits. :( tried the steak(?) ones a few weeks back. Wasn’t keen.

the m&s own brand Worcestershire sauce flavour crisps are pretty damn good too (the purple bag)

Caporegime
Ooh. Gonna have to give those flamin hot tangy cheese a go sometime!

another shout out for prawn cocktail Pringles. Wish they’d bring back prawn cocktail wotsits. :( tried the steak(?) ones a few weeks back. Wasn’t keen.

the m&s own brand Worcestershire sauce flavour crisps are pretty damn good too (the purple bag)
They are without doubt the hottest ‘mainstream crisps’ I’ve ever had. Give you a real good mouth and chest burn. Feel about 5 times the strength of the chill heatwave ones.

Associate
Tyrrells Mature Cheddar and Chive are my personal favourite. Perfect with a nice beer. Some of the jalapeno ones that I tried in the US were decent, and the nicer steak flavour ones tend to hit the spot as well (McCoy's used to be my go to, but haven't had them in ages and I feel like the world of crisps might have moved forward).

Soldato
I'm a squares man myself, all the flavours are good.

I like to open a new packet, scrunch the whole bag up into crisp dust and knock a pack back in 2 mouthfuls.

Aldi hula hoop knock offs are also great. Don't even have to scrunch them, I can just get straight on with downing them.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Pipers chorizo have turned up on the vending machine at work....

1. I should not eat crisps
2. I should not pay £1 for a packet of crisps
3. I should not buy 2 packs in the space of 10mins.

Damm they are good, a nice dust leftover as well.

Associate
Walkers max strong are great too. The lime and chilli are good but the best are the jalapeño and cheese.

I just saw this thread and oddly enough the ones mentioned in the first post just so happen to be the ones I've got in the cupboard... I've only tried the piri piri ones out of the pack so far but I guess I'll look forward to the jalapeno and cheese ones then. Normally I just buy the cheapo ridged meaty ones from Lidl but these were on clubcard points so figured I'd try them.

While I'm heavily against the boredom that is ready salted so like a flavourful crisp I've never much prioritised brands over what's just generally cheap or on offer and I try to eat them sparingly.

Associate
Wheat Crunchies - Bacon flavour are my current preference!

Oh I'd entirely forgotten about them, I can't have had them in more than a decade, but those were a schoolyears favourite ... damn, being subbed to this thread is either going to leave me real hungry or porking up if I actually remember about some of this the next time I go shopping.

Soldato
OP
I just saw this thread and oddly enough the ones mentioned in the first post just so happen to be the ones I've got in the cupboard... I've only tried the piri piri ones out of the pack so far but I guess I'll look forward to the jalapeno and cheese ones then. Normally I just buy the cheapo ridged meaty ones from Lidl but these were on clubcard points so figured I'd try them.

While I'm heavily against the boredom that is ready salted so like a flavourful crisp I've never much prioritised brands over what's just generally cheap or on offer and I try to eat them sparingly.
They’re so moreish! I literally start a family bag - next minute they’re all gone :D just the right amount of spicy heat too.

Soldato
I've cut right down on crisps. They always feel like they're taking years off your life when eating them. Even a dirty greasy kebab doesn't make me feel as bad.

Underboss
Cannot for the life of me find Brannigan's anywhere in the South East it would seem - if anyone has the info I'd be very grateful.

Not had a packet it years now since my local corner shop sold up.

Back
Top Bottom