What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Underboss
And how many more times as expensive is an RS Turbo going to be? It also wasn't one of the cars mentioned in your post. Leave the goal-posts where they are please. ;)

It was in OPs post, I was just adding other classic cars from that era to it was all so as to delineate from the warm/hot hatches of that time, and cost wasn't in either of the posts so you leave them goalposts alone too...

It's been a long time since I looked at RS mods but don't remember them being that bad (2002-2005), obviously personal vfm, age & rarity of parts will probably now bump them up in cost. I'm guessing that parts for a Punto Turbo will also be harder to come by due to it's age?

Soldato
I think the word chav must have vastly different meanings depending on what part of the country you're from. Quite a few of the cars listed are just money down the drain fashionable finance items or more money than sense I'll do what I like examples.

Soldato
You will all think I'm mad but i also had an Alfa 147 GTA that I recently sold, as that needed some work doing and I couldn't be arsed to keep two project type cars running and one of them had to go and I decided to keep the Punto GT !!

I like your Punto (except the exhaust ;) ) but I think you're absolutely barmy to have chosen it over a GTA.

I had a 156 SW GTA for ten years, which I replaced with an AMG C63 3 years ago, and I'm still never entirely sure I might the right choice.

Soldato
Oh yes, also any BMW with “M sport colours” on the front grill.

Took the dog for a walk earlier and parked further down my road was a black E92 3-series (dunno which one, but wasn't an M) which had the colours on the front grille...but it also had a National Trust and an English Heritage sticker in the windscreen. Are chavs keen on historic properties, traditionally? :p

Man of Honour
It’s not that car that defines it. It’s the amount of Transit tippers with ”Highway Maintenance” decals parked in the street.

Insert additional criteria such as rented house, corner sofa, sky dish etc...

Back
Top Bottom