• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
To be fair to ijustine, she is incredibly hard working and edits all her videos herself.. Has done for many many years.

Shes not a tech professional but enthusiast, her following is very large.

And now I remember where I recognise the name from. She's done some stuff with Linus before inc. a video editing race against the chap who edits LTT's videos.

Been bugging me since I saw her mentioned.

Soldato
You laying it flat ? Think my only option is to sit it vertical :s edit. Hoping gravity doesn’t affect the liquid metal cooling ? I’m sure Sony have tested this to the limits though.
Not sure about that (doubt it'll have any effect) but they have said the cooling is the same regardless of which way you have it, makes sense as it instakes from the front and exhausts out the rear, there's no chimney effect like on the SX.

Man of Honour
You laying it flat ? Think my only option is to sit it vertical :s edit. Hoping gravity doesn’t affect the liquid metal cooling ? I’m sure Sony have tested this to the limits though.

The liquid TIM is nothing special, it’s used on other devices and it’s kept contained in a sealed area so no chance of it leaking.

Not sure about that (doubt it'll have any effect) but they have said the cooling is the same regardless of which way you have it, makes sense as it instakes from the front and exhausts out the rear, there's no chimney effect like on the SX.

The chimney effect will account for less than half a percent of the thermal cooling efficiency. People like to greatly exaggerate its efficacy.

Soldato
The liquid TIM is nothing special, it’s used on other devices and it’s kept contained in a sealed area so no chance of it leaking.

The chimney effect will account for less than half a percent of the thermal cooling efficiency. People like to greatly exaggerate its efficacy.
That’s good to hear, that it won’t leak. :) roll on release day !

Caporegime
so apparently the peripherals are being released for sale in the UK a week before the console itself. I'm tempted to buy a controller just so i can hold it and pretend :D

Judging by the size of it, it could be even more comfortable than the Xbox controller! :eek:

This makes me wonder for those who are getting both - is the (undetermined as yet) extra power of the Xbox Series X enough to keep you buying multiplats there or is the Tempest 3D Audio, DualSense features and the UI activity cards enough to make you change to PS5 for them (and potentially take a minor hit in frame rate and/or resolution)?

Soldato
No dolby vision or atmos label on the box. Doesn't say much for the uhd player in 2020 for movies.
It is highly unlikely these will not be supported for streaming and UHD playback.
XBox is the only console with Dolby Vision AND Atmos for games - with Sony using Tempest, this is of no surprise and means there is also a possibility of DV in games on the PS5 too.

Soldato
Judging by the size of it, it could be even more comfortable than the Xbox controller! :eek:

This makes me wonder for those who are getting both - is the (undetermined as yet) extra power of the Xbox Series X enough to keep you buying multiplats there or is the Tempest 3D Audio, DualSense features and the UI activity cards enough to make you change to PS5 for them (and potentially take a minor hit in frame rate and/or resolution)?

I honestly don't think we'll see a massive difference in performance like there was last gen, like RDR2 which ran at 1920x2160 upscaled to 4k on the PS4 pro vs native 4k on the One X, as there's just not enough difference in power.

One X had a 45% more powerful GPU (6tf vs 4.12tf) a more powerful CPU, and more RAM.

It's an 18% difference in raw TF GPU numbers this gen towards the SX, essentially the CPU is near identical, same RAM, and PS5 has a faster SSD.

I don't think we'll be seeing different resolution/frame rates like we did before, I think they'll be pretty much the same across both platforms. If there's any performance differences it'll be small things like loading times, pop in, maybe some graphical details - likely the SX with more graphical detail, and the PS5 with less texture pop in.

The fact that both consoles use essentially the same hardware will help development too, no need for 2 vastly different versions which again will probably mean identical performance/graphical quality/resolution etc.

We'll only know once DF get their hands on some proper next gen multi platform games though...

Back
Top Bottom