Win the new 8Pack Polaris Mk2.5

Soldato
Why does it have to be posted first class?

To increase the chance of it being put in the bin :D

Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be void
Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be void as per any Entry received
Any entries received that we are unable to read will be excluded from the competition.

They seem to drill that point across :D

Soldato
To increase the chance of it being put in the bin :D

Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be void
Any entries that fail to follow the criteria mentioned above will be void as per any Entry received
Any entries received that we are unable to read will be excluded from the competition.

They seem to drill that point across :D

Easy to solve, the person who handles inbound mail can only read Spanish :D

Associate
I've got a ticket just for the hell of it - does look a nice system! The only thing thats bugging me is the unsleeved wires behind the 8 pack cable tie holder - what looks like the case wiring connections to the mobo. On a system where the aim is perfection it just triggers my OCD. Lovely build mind - would be a proud owner if I was lucky enough to win!

Last edited:
Associate
ahh the classic ******* tactic people are surrently using to sell their houses for far more than their worth has made it to consumer products.

Hardly the same is it?
People who sell their houses that way pocket the cash.
Raffledup pay fees on every transaction, plus all other overheads, with 5% going to charity and any profits going back into purchasing new prizes for raffles.

Pet Northerner
Don
Hardly the same is it?
People who sell their houses that way pocket the cash.
Raffledup pay fees on every transaction, plus all other overheads, with 5% going to charity and any profits going back into purchasing new prizes for raffles.

no, people use raffledup to sell a £120k home for about 250k when you take into account the number of tickets and the price per ticket.

It's really simple maths, they pocket far more than the house is worth and raffledup take their cut. Win win. Neither party would do it otherwise.

Pet Northerner
Don
I never said they did.

I compared raffling an 11k pc for 22k and giving 5% to charity and 10% to raffledup to people who use sites like raffledup to sell houses for far more than their worth.

At no point have I said raffledup make the sales.

Soldato
I actually find this pretty distasteful, I didn't think I'd see OCUK promoting what amounts to gambling.

The "5% goes to charity" bit is laughable, I totally agree with @HungryHippos that these sorts of schemes can prey upon certain types of people.

If OCUK wanted to run a promotion for a new system perhaps they should have had a proper in house charity event.

OcUK Staff
To be fair I doubt ocuk would do that, but it would be nice to have confirmation of this prize change from @Bailey ...

Yes we will be doing this at the cost of raffled up.

Raffled up paid full system cost for this item... We are posting so people are aware of the competition and that it is legitimately an 8Pack system....

8Pack brand is not as someone put "desperate for the money" .. We have a full order book till February. Including three Orion X2 and several high end overclocked business systems of similar value to name only a small percentage of orders.

Raffled up is one our customers just like any other 8Pack customer.

If you buy a ticket goodluck :) if you don't... wish the ones who did goodluck....

Back
Top Bottom