New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
So I had a reply from CS this morning, in regards to the response I had previously.

They said. Orders have been placed on hold by manufacturing because of a global parts shortage and, that, they do intend to fulfil orders with a current estimate of 17/12.

So at least they are going to resume production and fulfil orders. I don't mind waiting, took me 2 months to decide on a monitor, I can wait 2 more :D .

Hope this is helpful, and while not exactly much more info at least sheds some light on the current situation.

Associate
So I had a reply from CS this morning, in regards to the response I had previously.

They said. Orders have been placed on hold by manufacturing because of a global parts shortage and, that, they do intend to fulfil orders with a current estimate of 17/12.

So at least they are going to resume production and fulfil orders. I don't mind waiting, took me 2 months to decide on a monitor, I can wait 2 more :D .

Hope this is helpful, and while not exactly much more info at least sheds some light on the current situation.
That is nor good news.. I wanted to sell my current monitor but in this case i think i will keep it until i get the new one

PtzPXiD.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Dell have always had fairly long delivery times and built to order, shouldn't really be surprised.
It's golden week in China so that will hold a lot of things up (including RTX) hopefully receive it by Xmas.

Associate
Dell have always had fairly long delivery times and built to order, shouldn't really be surprised.
It's golden week in China so that will hold a lot of things up (including RTX) hopefully receive it by Xmas.

If something like Golden Week would hold things up, surely they would see that coming. I mean, it's kinda predictable!

As un-surprised as I should be, I'm still ****** off

Associate
Just came across this monitor today after looking for a new one to replace the one I got tired of waiting for.

It's out of stock almost everywhere, and where it's in stock the price is way too much.

Just my luck...

Associate
Get yourselves a Pixio PX277 if you can’t wait for this monitor I have one and this is a guy coming from a fast Dell S2716DG TN panel. Colours are way better and once tweaked it’s far better than the TN. I’ll pick up one of these Dells when they are back on the map, no way am I having the same wait as the RTX 3000 series! Hopefully the Ryzen 5000s will be in stock.

Soldato
Get yourselves a Pixio PX277 if you can’t wait for this monitor I have one and this is a guy coming from a fast Dell S2716DG TN panel. Colours are way better and once tweaked it’s far better than the TN. I’ll pick up one of these Dells when they are back on the map, no way am I having the same wait as the RTX 3000 series! Hopefully the Ryzen 5000s will be in stock.

Not heard of that one before, seems impressive enough....

...also available, must count for something....!

"Pixio Re-worked 2-Year Limited Warranty Program" Whatever that means, probably not the same as the Dell 3 years advanced swap out type warranty. No height adjustment tho, might not be important for some.

Mentioned earlier on but their testing of the Dell monitor to compare.....

Associate
The pixio PX277 is a great Monitor. While some of the numbers don’t completely touch on this dell, it does beat it in contrast and I just don’t think it’s noticeable since of the dell S2716DG I mentioned and I am a motion clarity snob. See my review the a well known site where they are sold. I mention settings to get it just right and also how to fix freesync issues that are common with freesync. I tried switching back to my S2716DG and it was a worst gaming experience and it’s faster than this Dell but slower than the PX277 so colour reproduction even at 8bit is winning out for me this time around.

I’ve owned overclocked Korean monitors, 900 pound acer and Asus monitors. This IPS easily beats the IPS of yesteryear including the expensive ones I just mentioned.

I’ll be skipping this dell and looking to the future
With the 27GN950 4K 144Hz and then keep my PX277 as my second monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^^ Just seen your review over at Amazon, even gave it a like :)
I had read some other comments on a different monitor regarding that type of freesync fix, I wondered why people were downloading the CRU tool.
G-Sync with ym 1080Ti seems fine with V-sync off and using Rivatuner to limit the framerates overall.
Noticed also the PX7 Prime, mentioned in the review, is also sold there.
The PX277 works out about £12 or so cheaper than I paid for the Dell. Between the two I still prefer the Dell for warranty purposes, having used that for this and a previous monitor it does tend to work out ok. Then again buying from Amazon is reasonably safe for returns etc, altho they were very challenging for me 2 years and 11 months on in my three years warranty for a Asus router. Sorted in the end.

Agree tho the Pixio seems very well rated in that review, not surprised that a decent IPS screen is better than the TN panel you noted for colours.

Very good find and well done with your purchase. You must be impressed.

Associate
The pixio PX277 is a great Monitor. While some of the numbers don’t completely touch on this dell, it does beat it in contrast and I just don’t think it’s noticeable since of the dell S2716DG I mentioned and I am a motion clarity snob. See my review the a well known site where they are sold. I mention settings to get it just right and also how to fix freesync issues that are common with freesync. I tried switching back to my S2716DG and it was a worst gaming experience and it’s faster than this Dell but slower than the PX277 so colour reproduction even at 8bit is winning out for me this time around.

I’ve owned overclocked Korean monitors, 900 pound acer and Asus monitors. This IPS easily beats the IPS of yesteryear including the expensive ones I just mentioned.

I’ll be skipping this dell and looking to the future
With the 27GN950 4K 144Hz and then keep my PX277 as my second monitor.

I just loaded up the Hardware Unboxed review and got as far as the no variable overdrive before I was out.
I played games locked at 60 and also fast paced high fps so need a set and forget overdrive setting

Back
Top Bottom