Family PC Build for £1000

Associate
Hello,

Building a new PC for a family friend, they have about £1000 to spend. This is a complete build so they need the lot. My first pick is below, but I am aware of the new AMD CPUs releasing very soon. With that in mind I may swop out the CPU for the newer one if possible but need to know if this motherboard is able to do this or is it part of the next wave of updates?

Cheers

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,006.39 (includes shipping: £19.62)​

Permabanned
Soldato
A few more tweaks to the above builds

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,067.51 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Gone back to the 3600 to save money and it can be bought elsewhere cheaper. (cmon OC drop the price to a competative one again)
If your going to buy a 5600xt buy the best one. The pulse is out of stock at OC but can be bought elsewhere again cheaper.
If your going AMD why not have a freesynch monitor? I know curved are a marmite thing but I love my curved one now. Most people will also agree that 24" is the peak size for 1080p for monitors.
Better cooler with RGB to keep the kids entertained which also meant I needed to change the case.​

Soldato
Cheers for the input guys, some good info on here. Do you think I shgould wait until November and the new CPUs though?
I would stick with Zen 2 or intel as even the cheapest zen 3 chip would take up almost a 3rd of your budget.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cheers for the input guys, some good info on here. Do you think I shgould wait until November and the new CPUs though?

Just family usage, a bit of gaming, internet and a small amount of office work.

Makes sense to wait till November for cpu choice.

A 1660 super is cheaper the 5600xt at £300 Is expensive for the performance gained.

I would get a 1tb ssd modern games can soon use up a lot of storage.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
not so much of a discount.. its more about having a full picture of what is coming and make better decision..
also if he is not afraid buying second hand there will definitely be a lot of used 3000 series cpu and GPU if people decide to change their hardware

Back
Top Bottom