• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 FE fan control issue msi afterburner

Associate
anyone else having issues with fan control in after burner on a 3080 FE?

I'm running the latest beta and want to run a fixed fan speed to go with my undervolt as I'm seeing some very nice temp drops with negligible performance hit, but it just won't let me set a speed it's all over the place I can set 0 or 100 anything between that and it just picks whatever it feels like

I've used EVGA's software and fan control and led control work perfectly but it doesn't allow me the same control on the undervolt

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm hoping the next beta fixes this

Associate
OP
I'm not on the FE model, but msi afterburner v4.6.3.15840 Beta2 fan slider works fine for my TUF 3080. I can set 30% to 100%
Looks like people with EVGA cards are also having some issues with AB not allowing fan speed/curves to be set correctly to be fair it is a beta, mainly just like setting a static fan speed for consistent clocks/summertime

Soldato
i'm on version 4.6.3.15840 beta 2 and i'm having issues setting fan speed on my FE 3090, i set 80% and the profile changes back to 64% and setting to 100% drops back to 82% both instances hold the fan speed for a few minutes then the card's fan ramp down to stock vales even though i didnt change anything

Associate
OP
i'm on version 4.6.3.15840 beta 2 and i'm having issues setting fan speed on my FE 3090, i set 80% and the profile changes back to 64% and setting to 100% drops back to 82% both instances hold the fan speed for a few minutes then the card's fan ramp down to stock vales even though i didnt change anything
Try the fix I posted above beta 3 now allows me to set any fan speed between 30-100%

Back
Top Bottom